Will there be 5gb of RAM and Snapdragon 810 on the Nexus 8?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
810 huh, that would mean late 2014 release, I would be more than happy with a 805 in a few months. Also I seriously doubt 5gb ram, just does not even seem logical anyone would need that much ram in a tablet. And yes I agree if that is true it would be Apple prices +.

I think we will end up seeing a 805 with 3/4gb ram more realistically.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
810 huh, that would mean late 2014 release, I would be more than happy with a 805 in a few months. Also I seriously doubt 5gb ram, just does not even seem logical anyone would need that much ram in a tablet. And yes I agree if that is true it would be Apple prices +.

I could see possibly 4gb of ram to aid the 64 bit chip, because most likely the note 4 will have that much ram. I just think a lot of nexus users who are used to low prices are going to be in for a shock. It will also be interesting to see if Google adds anything to really take advantage of all that power, because it really seems like overkill with the way that android currently is. Other than gaming, not sure why someone would need these types of specs (not saying the spec junkie in me wouldn't love to have specs like this)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Last week everyone was sure it'd be hosting a 64 bit Nvidia Tegra K1.

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

That would make it an early 2015 release.... The 805 will be ready for late 2014. 810 will be available around 2015

StewieMonSta

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Probably another 2 refreshes before any android phone or tablet will get 5GB of RAM. I'd say 3GB but 4 at the very max if google are feeling horny!!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
8 inch display, 2GB ram, aluminum body w/boomsound, ultrapixel 4mb rear, 5mb front camera, new tegra 64bit processor, $349 16gb,$399 32 gb, $449 32gb LTE, all with micro SD card. My guess.

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I will pay a lot for a premium built, high spec'd nexus tablet. android tablets are still weak in the market(im sorry samsung but none of your tablets has really convinced me otherwise),only one thats done it for me is the Z2 tablet, but its impossible to get , and even if you do get it, its prob from verizon and thats ridiculous

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you go back to the nexus lines original purpose,providing developers with a leading edge system running the latest OS I can see a 64 bit processor.

Posted via Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
5 gb it's too much

Maybe for a 32 bit CPU but not so sure that is true of a 64 bit CPU that doubles the bytes size of every CPU executable instruction and data word.

Think of it this way. A Byte consists of eight bits on both 32 and 64 bit CPUs. A 32 bit CPU's instruction word size is 4 Bytes. A 64 bit CPU's executable instruction word size is 8 Bytes.

A 64 bit CPU is going to require more memory than a 32 bit CPU just because of the CPU instruction word size of 64 bits. Don't compare the memory size of a 32 bit CPU's performances to the new performance requirements we will need with a 64 bit CPU.

When my home PC went from 32 bits to 64 bits the basic memory in most good PC went from 2GB to 4GB or more. This is going to be true in Androids as well requiring more memory ram when they move to 64 bits.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
“Nexus 9 first screenshots leaked” on YouTube | TK Tech News

Another leaked screenshot, this time of the processor specs. Shows Tegra K1 Denver and a few of its specs. Haven't watched the youtube video, so not sure how this is certainly linked to the Nexus, but this TK Tech News site seems to be coming out with a fair bit of info recently on the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 8/9. The screenshot looks like it's running off an Android 4.4 device, rather than an Android L device.

Guess we'll see how accurate it is.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
why would there be a nexus 9 when we don't even have a 8 yet? tbh im not sure google is going to give us another nexus tablet. kinda late for a release at this point. that's unless they do it with the nexus 6 launch and android L.