Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default release date for Nexus 8/9

I want a new tablet.. Not into iPads. Or buying a 7" etc.. New Sony tablet looks nice at 8". But I'd rather the nexus experience to go with my nexus 5 and whatever the next nexus phone or silver line is. Love that stock android

Posted via Android Central App
    khyos94 likes this.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: release date for Nexus 8/9

See how thin the bazel is already on the newest Nexus 7? Unless they can shrink it any further I highly doubt Google will release a Nexus 8.

9 is too close to 10 to be useful on its own merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskell View Post
    I want a new tablet.. Not into iPads. Or buying a 7" etc.. New Sony tablet looks nice at 8". But I'd rather the nexus experience to go with my nexus 5 and whatever the next nexus phone or silver line is. Love that stock android

Release date for the Nexus 8? Not soon enough, that's when .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well there not just going to release the same tablet.. And I personally think the screen size on the nexus 7 is too small for how big the body is..

Quote Originally Posted by Paskell View Post
    Well there not just going to release the same tablet.. And I personally think the screen size on the nexus 7 is too small for how big the body is..

Agreed, and it seems like we have been waiting forever for this thing. 😢

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Agreed, and it seems like we have been waiting forever for this thing.
    The last two Nexus 7 tablets came out in June/July didn't they? It's now September and no sign of one yet....It's been quite a long wait, and the leaks have been very anemic. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I've read supposed release dates around Halloween this time for both the Nexus tablet and phone.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    The last two Nexus 7 tablets came out in June/July didn't they? It's now September and no sign of one yet....It's been quite a long wait, and the leaks have been very anemic. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I've read supposed release dates around Halloween this time for both the Nexus tablet and phone.
    It has felt like a long wait, particularly for the tablet. I'm expecting the next few weeks to be about Apple. They'll announce, launch and run out of stock in the space of a few weeks. Once that has happened, I'll be looking for Nexus information to start gushing through the rumour mill. I won't be at all surprised to see an October or November launch for both phone and tablet. Tbh, I'm just grateful that the Nexus programme has apparently lived to fight another year.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flattie View Post
    It has felt like a long wait, particularly for the tablet. I'm expecting the next few weeks to be about Apple. They'll announce, launch and run out of stock in the space of a few weeks. Once that has happened, I'll be looking for Nexus information to start gushing through the rumour mill. I won't be at all surprised to see an October or November launch for both phone and tablet. Tbh, I'm just grateful that the Nexus programme has apparently lived to fight another year.
    I think the nexus program is alive and well.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

As do I, hence my closing sentence. However, rumours from the first 4-5 months of this year seemed to indicate that the Nexus line had reached an end; that it seems it hasn't is why I am grateful.
    Rizz1-2 likes this.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flattie View Post
    As do I, hence my closing sentence. However, rumours from the first 4-5 months of this year seemed to indicate that the Nexus line had reached an end; that it seems it hasn't is why I am grateful.
    Oh gotcha I read that as you were worried the business wasn't doing well. My bad.

I'm hoping the Nexus 9 comes out next month, it's been too long since a stock android tablet by google has came out.

It's releasing on October 9 with nexus or 16 . For sure next month.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoLdRoID View Post
    It's releasing on October 9 with nexus or 16 . For sure next month.
    Finally!

I hope so! Where does that date come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo 1 View Post
    I hope so! Where does that date come from?
    Sounds like a guess if anything, if this person knew the date they would not have listed 2 different dates haha.

Anyways at this point most people are suggesting "before Halloween" as the release date.

I thought I heard somewhere that the Nexus 9 would be revealed October 15 or 16 with the release date a couple of weeks after that?

Not sure, my knowledge may be wrong on this. I have seen the October 8 or 9 date thrown around, but I thought was HTC with their 'double exposure' event, not necessarily the Nexus 9.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gnex: Team Bamf Xoom: EOS

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    I thought I heard somewhere that the Nexus 9 would be revealed October 15 or 16 with the release date a couple of weeks after that?

Not sure, my knowledge may be wrong on this. I have seen the October 8 or 9 date thrown around, but I thought was HTC with their 'double exposure' event, not necessarily the Nexus 9.
    Correct. The 8th is the Double Exposure event - nothing to do with what we are interested in on this thread. My understanding is the 16th will be the announcement alongside the Nexus 6 with retail availability in November.

All this waiting sucks but with today's "confirmation by AP" on the Nexus 6 looks like I will keep the N5 and get the new tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by flippedout View Post
    Correct. The 8th is the Double Exposure event - nothing to do with what we are interested in on this thread. My understanding is the 16th will be the announcement alongside the Nexus 6 with retail availability in November.

All this waiting sucks but with today's "confirmation by AP" on the Nexus 6 looks like I will keep the N5 and get the new tablet.
    Why? Because of the suspected 5.9" screen on the nexus 6?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gnex: Team Bamf Xoom: EOS

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Why? Because of the suspected 5.9" screen on the nexus 6?
    If it holds to be true, yes. My N5 is perfectly capable of another year of service and that jump in screen size doesn't entice me (enough) to jump to a new device. Plus my tablet situation needs updating. Currently using the OG Note 10.1 still on 4.1.2. I want a new tablet more than I need a new phone. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by flippedout View Post
    If it holds to be true, yes. My N5 is perfectly capable of another year of service and that jump in screen size doesn't entice me (enough) to jump to a new device. Plus my tablet situation needs updating. Currently using the OG Note 10.1 still on 4.1.2. I want a new tablet more than I need a new phone. :-)
    I dont blame you. I want a nexus phone and was waiting to see what size the nexus 6 is going to be. If it is going to be 6 inches i will just get the nexus 5. I hope they dont discontinue them.

I've got an important update...

I WANT IT RELEASE IT YOU BUGGERS!

I am kinda beginning to doubt the imminent release of the N8/9. We haven't seen much in regards to the outting of this new tablet and information has been extremely scarce, but yet, it is possibly coming out in the next few weeks. I'm guessing we may have to wait until next year for it to appear. Don't get me wrong, I would be doing the dance of joy if we do get it soon, but I'm starting to lose hope.

J

Quote Originally Posted by jstwondrng View Post
    I am kinda beginning to doubt the imminent release of the N8/9. We haven't seen much in regards to the outting of this new tablet and information has been extremely scarce, but yet, it is possibly coming out in the next few weeks. I'm guessing we may have to wait until next year for it to appear. Don't get me wrong, I would be doing the dance of joy if we do get it soon, but I'm starting to lose hope.

J
    I, unfortunately, am starting to feel the same .

What actually is the October 8th event?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo 1 View Post
    What actually is the October 8th event?
    Sounds like just camera stuff to me. New GoPro like device and maybe a phone or two with better cameras. :|
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast