Google Nexus 9 Best Buy In-Store?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything definitive regarding in-store availability @ Best Buy, or other b&m retailer, for that matter?

I'm wondering about Nov 3rd. I'm prepared to be "away" from work that morning at a "dental appt", after which I'll "swing by" to pick one up. ;)

I would have pre-ordered online and been done w/it, but I'm going out of town on Nov 5th and don't want my package just sitting around for a week anywhere. Thanks.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Buy In-Store?

I was wondering this same thing but ended up ordering it off of the Play Store since nobody really seems to have an answer. Pay a little extra for one day delivery and you should have it by the 4th. :)

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Question about trade in- Can I trade in my SG III first...get the 49.00 best buy card and then buy my LG G3 for 49.00?

I am trying to keep my costs low.

THanks

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure you should plan like that? What if the dentist finds a lot of cavities that he has to fill? Or what if its a busy morning for them?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I went in today to pre-order one and you can not do the to store shipping, just your home address.

Posted via the Android Central App

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Went into a BB near me and spoke with the guy in charge of the Tablets section. He doesn't have a clue, they don't tell him how many will come in or when.

I plan on going into website and check store stock beginning Monday. Could order for delivery but I hate the thought of a $400.+ tablet being left at my front door and don't want to wait around all day for the delivery although if BB uses UPS we do get info as to a time window.

If necessary I will order for delivery as you can at least return to a store.

I want to play with this for a week or more to see if I think it is worth the cost.

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm going in on Monday to see if they are there. Luckily the city I live in isn't exactly full of tech lovers like myself. Plus I want to hold one before I purchase

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm here @ BB, asked the bearded, hipster-wanabee sales guy at the tablets section. Clueless, as expected.

These guys really give the carrier store employees a run for the money when it comes to customers disservice.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

Mrshades

May 21, 2010
Visit site

I don't expect BB to have them in store on the 3rd. If they did I would have had the option to pick up in-store, as well as have it shipped when I pre-ordered with them.

I did call BB just now and they told me that they probably will NOT have them right away. He tried to do a pre order on the in store system and it wouldn't let him. He said if it was going to be in store on Monday, he would have been able to do that.

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I went to Best Buy today and rep pulled up their inventory for me on his computer. Every store in the area including the one I was in showed two on hand. He wouldn't sell it early though :-( This was in Macomb, MI.

Posted via Android Central App

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I went to Best Buy today and rep pulled up their inventory for me on his computer. Every store in the area including the one I was in showed two on hand. He wouldn't sell it early though :-( This was in Macomb, MI.

Good. All I need is one!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Disservice is so bad at my nearest BB, it would be like pulling teeth to get those losers to check the system or attempt a pre-order.

I'll just show up Monday w/o much hope of getting anyone half way competent to "help" me.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I just got a email telling me my pre-order will be available for pick-up on Monday the 3rd.

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

When they show 2 in stock it is my experience with Best Buy that those will be the display units not for sale.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

When they show 2 in stock it is my experience with Best Buy that those will be the display units not for sale.

Yes when I was talking to the Best Buy clerk he opened up the info for all the stores in the area and some were getting 2 and some only one and he confirmed that was for display units.

He also told me his store got shipments of merchandise Wed and Sun and typically they got the stuff out after several days. So if they got shipped into the store today unlikely in his mind then maybe we will get to buy Tuesday or Wed. He indicated they typically in the Naples store have not a huge demand for tablets and doesn't expect much to happen to quickly.

Hope he is wrong.

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I just ordered one off bestbuy.com with in store pick up today. Hopefully everyone's local best buys will have a decent amount in stock for those of us seeking them. I'm heading over shortly after they open. I'll confirm that the there were no problems.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Just got back from the "dentist: ;)

WP_20141103_11_13_25_Pro.jpg

They said they only had 2 in-stock, which is now down to 1 (or zero).

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

My best buy has them here for sale buy none on display. I just want to hold one really quick before I pull the trigger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty