I'm getting my NEXUS 9 tonight at midnight!!

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to your full review. Does it have a nice grip feel in the back, that is not slippery? I couldn't care less about fingerprints, except on the screen (the online reviews usually make a big deal out of that).

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to your full review. Does it have a nice grip feel in the back, that is not slippery? I couldn't care less about fingerprints, except on the screen (the online reviews usually make a big deal out of that).

Also, how is the resolution? Is it really nice or just ok? Have you tried a bunch of movies and apps yet?

J

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, how is the screen reflectivity? Is it about the same as the N7? I found that no problem at all (Apple supposedly has a low reflectivity screen on their new one). Also, does it have (nice strong) Gorilla Glass or not? Does it feel snappier and more responsive than the N7 2013, or about the same (if you're familiar with that one)? We're bombing the poor guy with questions! :)

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, how is the screen reflectivity? Is it about the same as the N7? I found that no problem at all (Apple supposedly has a low reflectivity screen on their new one). Also, does it have (nice strong) Gorilla Glass or not? Does it feel snappier and more responsive than the N7 2013, or about the same (if you're familiar with that one)? We're bombing the poor guy with questions! :)

I know! But, these are questions we're all dying to know answered.

J

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

The back is definitely nice and it feels like the nexus 7 (2013) to me. The over feel is good. A little wider than I thought it would be but not bad. The screen is a fingerprint magnet but that's expected because of the glossy finish.

Posted via Android Central App

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

The reflection is kinda harsh but again that is because of the glossy finish. It is still ok because it's nothing new to me. It does have gorilla glass 3 so the screen should be fairly strong but I haven't done any major tests yet. I owned the N7 & it is Definitely more snappier and faster than the because of the K1 chip and Lollipop. I had major issues with the responsiveness with touches not being registered on the N7. The overall build is definitely premium

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen resolution? On par or better than the N7 (2013)? Have you watched videos (i.e.: YouTube, Movies, etc...)? Also, any issues with the touch responsiveness?

J

Screen resolution is better than I thought. It's hard comparing anything to my macbook retina that is nearly 3K, it's definitely better than the N7 because it's higher resolution. YouTube is OK not great in 1080p, it's not giving me the option for 2K playback for some odd reason so I know it could be improved. However I just put a 4k video on there and it looked fantastic! Also I played modern combat 5 and the graphics were amazing and the framerate was flawless. Definitely best experience I've ever seen on tablet. The speakers are loud and super crisp, best speakers I've heard on a tablet as well. And 0 issues with touch 😄

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, MX. You're the man! It sounds good so far - and yes, Corning Gorilla Glass lists it as one of theirs on their website:

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | Full Product List

Could you test that screen and see how strong that glass really is, like tap it with a hammer or drop a big rock on it? Only kidding!

Not gonna do any harsh/serious tests on the screen unfortunately. Check my above post for more info, so far so good with things.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've read a few website reviewing the unit saying it doesn't feel that premium? Care to comment?

Does it feel more premium than the Nexus 7 from last year?

Robert Ratskywatsky

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I've read a few website reviewing the unit saying it doesn't feel that premium? Care to comment?

Does it feel more premium than the Nexus 7 from last year?

The 2013 N7 was a no brainer because of its attractive price. I went out and bought it opening day. This one I don't know about. Still waiting for more reviews vs the new Ipad. So far I'm leaning towards the latter. It would be nice if Samsung or someone would come out with something that blew them both away, another no brainer,, and save me the trouble of trying to decide.