Miracast?

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Does the Nexus 9 support Miracast? I was thinking that when I buy one I'd like to be able to connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and a monitor (with a Miracast dongle like the Microsoft one) so I could work in Google Docs on a larger display.

I tried Googling, and couldn't find anything, which is either because it's not there or it's standard on all devices. :p

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it'll work as this would certainly need a driver installed. And sadly, this tablet doesn't support HDMI out either, so your only option to 'mirror' this onto a larger screen is wirelessly via Chromecast. :(

LFC1956

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The N9 "mirror" on a large screen using N9'scast screen to Chrome will be 4:3. If your large screen is 16:9 as most TV's/monitor's are these days then you have black bars on either side of the mirrored image.

VA_Nate_H

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Chromecast is not a replacement for Miracast.

Miracast is a standard that was shared by Intel and Android and even had some Linux support. What is great about the standard is its use of Ad-hoc wireless connectivity, where Chromecast requires a connection to your normal WiFi network.

Miracast is better in the corporate infrastructure. I wish Google and HTC would change their minds and add support for it to the 9.