Nexus 9 versus Nokia N1

samaspotion

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hm. Nokia N1 or Sony Z3 Tablet Compact? I would choose Nokia N1 (also because of the lower price), but maybe I have to wait for reviews after it actually arrives on the market. Nexus 9 also looks like a nice option, but after finding my 10" tablet too big, maybe it would be better for me to get a 8" one. :p Hm, I don't know!

doublejskid

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia tablet is being manufactured by Foxconn. They have paid for the rights for the Nokia name. If you're looking for true Nokia quality you should probably stick with the Z3 or Z3C.

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia tablet is being manufactured by Foxconn. They have paid for the rights for the Nokia name. If you're looking for true Nokia quality you should probably stick with the Z3 or Z3C.

Thats not quite true. The tablet was designed by Nokia.
They are using Foxconn to produce it.
This is a true Nokia product.

Last edited:

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Their seems to be a real confusion about this tablet.
Same problem over at Windows Central.
The online articles aren't helping any either.
By the original press release this tablet is designed by Nokia with the Nokia Z launcher.

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

The hardware design was done by Nokia.
The software was done by Nokia.
The quality control is being overseen by Nokia.

This is as much a Nokia product as an iPhone is an Apple product.
(hint: it's also Foxconn that builds the iPhone. And Sony's Xperia line. And Lumia devices. And a bunch of other phones).

As for how it fares against the Nexus 9....well, the N1 has beaten even the iPad Mini 3 in benchmarks, therefore it beats the Nexus 9 too.
Here more info on that Nokia N1 beats iPad Mini 3 on GFXBench & AnTuTu

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As for how it fares against the Nexus 9....well, the N1 has beaten even the iPad Mini 3 in benchmarks, therefore it beats the Nexus 9 too.
Here more info on that Nokia N1 beats iPad Mini 3 on GFXBench & AnTuTu

I just looked at gfxbench site, Nexus is near the top scorer (just below iPad air 2), Atom chips are in the middle/bottom range. That link you show doesn't work. I found the story at another site, comparing to iPad mini, which is at least a generation behind iPad air 2.

I just ran Antutu 5.6 on Nexus 9 and got 60157.

Intel is giving the Atom chips away for "free," but their graphics are bad.

Last edited:

jpurre

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have this tab and the quality is very good. Ended up paying $257 for it and seems to be worth every penny so far. Had to change the language from Chinese to English, glad I have friends who could do that for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa