[Q] If I get a Nexus 9, what are the odds of it having defects?

airship357

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'd really like to get a Nexus 9, but it seems like there's no end to the hardware issues people are having. I know HTC has said they've fixed the issues, but is there anyone here who has gotten one in the past few weeks, and if so, were the issues still present? I don't want to get into a loop of sending it back to HTC and them sending it to me with nothing getting resolved. Should I just get a Galaxy Tab S and deal with TouchWiz?

44Stretch

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a White 16gb a few days ago and have no issues. I originally had a black 16gb I purchased first week of November and it had a little bit of light bleed, but not very noticeable. The only reason I return that one was because I really wanted the white. Both are from Bestbuy.

Posted via the Android Central App

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
IMO, the hardware issues are just small matters compared to the lag, heat and poor battery life encountered on Nexus 9 :(

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
ur better off getting Samsung. I came from an iPad and I'm regretting it. I was concerned abt touchwiz that's why I got nexus. but I'm making to many sacrifices, biggest being battery life. my old tablet easily 11 hours, nexus lucky to get 4

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

airship357

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think the battery life/lag/heating issued will be solved somewhere down the line with software updates? Or is it a complete waste of time?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think the battery life/lag/heating issued will be solved somewhere down the line with software updates? Or is it a complete waste of time?

Maybe one more hour for web surfing? I dun see how software optimisation can turn it from 4-5 hrs to 8-9 hrs

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Maybe one more hour for web surfing? I dun see how software optimisation can turn it from 4-5 hrs to 8-9 hrs

I agree, but that wud be awesome if they cud double it, like moto did with the 360!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
ur better off getting Samsung. I came from an iPad and I'm regretting it. I was concerned abt touchwiz that's why I got nexus. but I'm making to many sacrifices, biggest being battery life. my old tablet easily 11 hours, nexus lucky to get 4

Which iPad did you have? I have an iPad Air 2 and there is no way I can get 11 hours, more like 6.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Which iPad did you have? I have an iPad Air 2 and there is no way I can get 11 hours, more like 6.

I had a ipad 3 ( sold it to get N9) now keep in mind I used it for surfing email and shopping on amazon. rarely watched movie or played games on it. I wud get abt 11 hours usage and multiple days standby ( under settings wud see these stats) on my N9, my screen on time is barely 4 hours and I have to charge every other day.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
My GPS seemed to be gone yesterday, found out when my smart unlock suddenly dun work. Goggle map also dun work, even after reboot.

No choice but to return this thing, simply testing our limits.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking straight odds i will tell you that it was my 4th N9 that was good, the 4th was a white model and seemed much better built, my 3 soft back, light bleeding poopers was black

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Santa Brought me a perfect black 32GB Nexus 9. (I'm told he had Amazon send it via UPS.) I love it and Kindle on this screen is fabulous.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are talking straight odds i will tell you that it was my 4th N9 that was good, the 4th was a white model and seemed much better built, my 3 soft back, light bleeding poopers was black

I think the white unit uses a different plastic for the back which is less flexible. But, as far as the display goes my white unit had a band of light 1/4 inch wide running the full length of the display. I sent it back and went with the iPad Air 2 for now. I still have my Nexus 7 as a development test platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03