Orientation lock button gone?

MrTrunkers

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I've held off on posting this because of the overriding sense that [language] but...

On the quick menu reached by swiping down from the top of the screen there is usually a button to toggle orientation lock correct? For whatever reason it dissapeared from the menu yesterday and I haven't been able to find it in the settings menu either. Right now it's locked so I cannot rotate the screen at all. For what's it worth the only apps I downloaded around the time it happened was siriusXM and pandora although I can't confirm whether it was gone before or after I downloaded them.

Am I
A) an [language]missing something obvious?
B) insane and the button was never there at all?
C) an insane [language] who just lost his toggle orientation button due to a bug?

Anyone heard of this? Anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

volpo

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's on the pull down panel between 'Airplane Mode' and 'Flashlight Mode' on my N9 (pull down all the way with two fingers). There is also a setting (in text) in 'display' in the settings screen.

Have you tried a reboot or cold start?

Good luck,

V

MrTrunkers

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I know its supposed to be there. If I could post links I would add a screen shot but I can't. I tried reseting with no luck. This is the weirdest thing I've seen it just dissapeared out of thin air. Thanks.

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that the items that show up in the pull-down menu adapt to what settings you use and they go away if you don't use them for a while. Maybe that happened?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The quick settings shortcuts in your pull down are dynamic. They update/change based on what you use often. If you end up going into the settings section of the tablet and use things like hotspot, cast display, etc. that support the quick settings, the quick settings panel adapts to the ones you use most often and hides the ones you don't. Had you not factory reset, all you would have had to do was change the orientation lock setting within the main settings section and the quick settings icon would have reappeared after one or two uses.

It's something that many people are unhappy about because there is no way to manually define the quick settings shortcuts at this time. But one thing you need to remember is that all of those toggles in the quick settings are just shortcuts. You can do the same tasks in the main settings menu.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was the only one, same issue here, but I also don't like the settings on Lollipop in general. It seems very minimalistic and confusing to find things as the sub-menus and setting categories are very poorly laid out. It seems like I can't find anymore what I used to always go to settings to find.

I am sure this among other changes is what's delaying lollipop adoption by carriers on devices, I wouldn't be surprised to see little to no changes or a way to switch between a lollipop and legacy way of seeing things.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22