For all you people that have been waiting for the "sand" color! It's here!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Of the many dozens of IPS screens I've had or seen, I don't recall any that didn't have the dreaded "light bleed". I have four right now that all do. You only see it at boot up and they are all beautiful screens, so it certainly doesn't bother me.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Every backlit screen will have some light bleed. It's the nature of the beast. Some are really badnhowever, to the point where it looks orange an inch or so towards the center of the screen.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Every backlit screen will have some light bleed. It's the nature of the beast. Some are really badnhowever, to the point where it looks orange an inch or so towards the center of the screen.

Yeah, I don't believe mine is that bad. Bottom corners only. Yeah, think I'll keep it.

J

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't believe mine is that bad. Bottom corners only. Yeah, think I'll keep it.
J

There really is no excuse for these. Google need to put product quality and number of defective returns into their contracts. And the vendor should be monitored and fined heavily if they do not meet their commitments.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: For all you people that have been waiting for the "sand" color! It's here!

There really is no excuse for these. Google need to put product quality and number of defective returns into their contracts. And the vendor should be monitored and fined heavily if they do not meet their commitments.
Nonsense!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I agree something should be done. As you might know I had to go through a few n7s before getting one without atrocious light bleed. I actually had one that had more light bleed than normal screen :). Now hearing this about the n9 is disturbing. (I also saw the light bleed on the display model in best buy) IMO you don't see this bad of light bleed on Samsung devices in general. (But who can stand touch wiz?) I don't know of fines are the answer, but something definitely should be done.

On a happy note my recently purchased n5 is perfect! Really no light bleed at all.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree something should be done. As you might know I had to go through a few n7s before getting one without atrocious light bleed. I actually had one that had more light bleed than normal screen :). Now hearing this about the n9 is disturbing. (I also saw the light bleed on the display model in best buy) IMO you don't see this bad of light bleed on Samsung devices in general. (But who can stand touch wiz?) I don't know of fines are the answer, but something definitely should be done.

On a happy note my recently purchased n5 is perfect! Really no light bleed at all.

Congrats on your n5.

It is pretty common when you outsource the manufacture of your product to a contract manufacturer to have quality specification. And some of these contracts do have penalties in them if the contract manufacturer does not meet the specifications. Apple is famous for doing this and has some stiff penalties, but they are definitely not the only company. After all in most cases the customer does not remember (or even know) the name of contract manufacturer, but they know and remember the name on the box and front of the product. This is great for the brand when everything works well, but can be a reputation killer when a product has poor quality.