Serious issue with Messenger

Petros DIMITRIOU

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys and girls.

This is now the second time that I install and almost immediately thereafter uninstall the facebook app, messenger.
As soon as it is installed, the battery temperature starts going up to 42 degrees Centigrade.
The back of the tablet is really hot, and I can even feel it so through the protective cover I have bought.
The advanced task manager app comes also with a message that the messenger app drains the battery.

Any ideas anyone? Already running on 5.0.1

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys and girls.

This is now the second time that I install and almost immediately thereafter uninstall the facebook app, messenger.
As soon as it is installed, the battery temperature starts going up to 42 degrees Centigrade.
The back of the tablet is really hot, and I can even feel it so through the protective cover I have bought.
The advanced task manager app comes also with a message that the messenger app drains the battery.

Any ideas anyone? Already running on 5.0.1

maybe a related thread -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/491375-messenger-killing-my-battery.html

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Because they ask for to many permissions (plus your Soul :) ) & constantly sync in the background killing batterylife if left unchecked. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of FB so my opinion is biased... But its fair too ;)