nexus 9 multiple account sync

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
so i just got my nexus 9, it's my first tablet and first go at lollipop as my droid turbo hasn't upgraded yet.

i setup my account and all my apps synced etc.

i'd like to setup an account for my wife. will her apps/data etc. sync as well from her phone?

if so are there any settings i need to turn on for this to occur?

thanks.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would think you could set her up an account. I've never fooled with that but I assume you go into settings click on users and then set her up a guest account.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Just add her existing Google account and setup items to sync as you normally would. Her apps, contacts, calendars, stuff like that will sync to the N9.

Optionally, if she wants to have personalized screens, etc you can add her as another user.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
ok i added her as another user and setup the account. i see her gmail, but none of her apps are there. maybe it is not set to sync on her phone. any ideas?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
On her phone check that in: Settings > Backup & restore > Backup my data is on.

Then go to: Settings > Accounts > select her account and check that sync App data is on (and whatever else you want synced) in both her phone and the N9.

Once that's correct and sync completed, on the N9 you should be able to open the Play store and go to: Settings > Menu (3 lines upper left corner) and just above Store home tap on the Google account and select her account. Her apps should then be listed in the Play app when you select My apps > All.

Last edited:

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
OK so I got the apps on my wife's user account. Now I'd like to add apps from both my wife's and my account to my daughters restricted account. I can add the! From mine, but can't seem to add them from hers. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
??? Maybe I don't quite get what you're asking. Should work the same for your daughter as it did for your wife. Just do what I outlined in post #5.

Exactly what is the problem with adding your wife's account to your daughter's device?

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 accounts. Mine, my wife's, and my daughter's. Daughters is restricted. I want to be able to let my daughter's account see apps from both mine (which is working) and also my wife's (not working). Does that make sense?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Again, if you do as in post #5 your wife's apps should be available in the Play store.

Just to be sure all this is perfectly clear, you can't transfer apps to a different account. That's not what the instructions in post #5 do. You add an account to a device to make that account's apps available on the device.

That said, if you have followed #5, I don't understand why your wife's apps are not available in Play.

What do you mean by your daughter's account is 'restricted,'? Restricted how?

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Wife's apps are available in play as you describe. Lollipop let's you create a restricted profile. You can choose what apps are available to the profile but it only let's me choose from my apps, not my wifes even though they are installed on the device.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Is your account is administrator account (the 1st account added to the tablet during initial setup)?

I've never setup a restricted account so I'm kinda just guessing. But maybe that's what is different between your account and your wife's that affects what is available to restricted accounts. I can't think of what else it could be.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Ya must be. I just assumed both accounts apps would be available to the restricted. Not just the original admin. One. Wife has a bunch of games so I guess im stuck having to buy them again. Oh well.

philgood

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I did to my daughter's profile so she can use my app:
1. Login to your daughter's profile
2. Add your google account in "Account" management, turn off all the sync so your contacts/data will not mess up your daughter's profile.
3. Under Google Play, you should be able to access all your purchased apps in your daughter's profile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae