Brand new tablet bricked before I even got to home screen?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe this? just opened a brand new nexus 9 16gb and powered it up picked my country and then got notified my tab needed a small update so input my wifi settings and update downloaded.

Tablet restarted and went to install update half way through and error! Great? so I tried rebooting, I've tried recovery mode nothing?

Is my tablet bricked already without me evening getting to do anything on it? please help?

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
first off where did you purchase it from?
if it was something like Amazon or Best Buy I'd be giving them a call right now.

so you can't get into recovery at all and try a factory data reset ?? That sux... :(

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Bought it brand new and sealed off eBay, so I have contacted seller who has told me to contact HTC who told me contact retailer or seller so they aren't interested so I've opened a case.

I feel bad as it's not the seller's fault but at the same time I can't be left with a paperweight while I wait on Google sorting out this mess.

Very disappointed with the nexus 9!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
At least ebay & PayPal will take care of it ;)
I've always had great luck with both of them. I understand what you're saying, it wasn't either of your fault just bad luck.....

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Well had a bit more luck thought I'd try HTC again as it clearly states 2 years warranty and I felt bad for the seller as not their fault.

Anyway HTC have arranged to pick the tablet up tomorrow and repair or replace it :) have kept the eBay case open should their be any further problems but hopefully it will be sorted under warranty and returned to me in about 5-7 days.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well had a bit more luck thought I'd try HTC again as it clearly states 2 years warranty and I felt bad for the seller as not their fault.

Anyway HTC have arranged to pick the tablet up tomorrow and repair or replace it :) have kept the eBay case open should their be any further problems but hopefully it will be sorted under warranty and returned to me in about 5-7 days.

Had to send mine to HTC and it took them 2 weeks to send it back. The repair shop is about a mile from my home!

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Well just to update this post, got tablet back today after 2 weeks! and HTC have done nothing to it! same fault and still bricked! brilliant! so it's going back to the eBay seller to sort out.

I'm a big Android fan, but these sort of experiences show me exactly why people use and pay more for Apple products!

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
That blows :(
Did HTC give any explanation??

No they didn't put anything on the repair sheet, they've obviously switched it on and seen the update and just said nah that's fine and sent it back.

I'm more annoyed I've to return it to the eBay seller even though it's not their fault, I feel terrible about it but I tried to get it repaired and sorted and I can't be waiting another 2 weeks for the same thing to happen.

I'm disappointed and the whole thing has probably put me off the tablet before I've even tried it! was even in the Apple store today considering a ipad mini.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's just a bad situation all way around :(
Hate that this perfect disaster happened to you & hope whichever tab you eventually pick up gives you a better experience & less trouble.
I still love my n9 but if it had bricked over installing an OTA I'd be kinda upset too....

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Cheers yeah I know it's one of those things, but it's put me off the device cause if I ever did buy another I now know the customer support offered by HTC is pathetic.

Don't know what Tablet to actually get now?

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Not blame the seller? Not sure where your from but in the UK the seller is always responsible and first port of call. I'd have rejected it and demanded a replacement, as the one you received clearly wasn't fit for purpose.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah was a private sale on eBay so wasn't through a eBay business seller, I could have returned it straight away but he sent it too me brand new sealed so not directly their fault the hardware and software aren't compatible!

So I tried to get HTC to repair it but they couldn't even be bothered to check it so no choice to open ebay claim and return the broke tablet to a genuine seller for refund.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy