Anyone change from Samsung Tab S to the Nexus 9?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a nexus 9 last week and due to the 5.1.1 install it bricked so sent off to HTC, anyway I already own a tab s 10.5 with a amazing screen but reading in potrait mode just doesn't work(keep hitting captive buttons )

So I've invested in a nexus 9, anyone move from tab s to the nexus 9 give me their opinions ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the tab s 8.4 to the nexus 9. Terrible battery life and the capacitive buttons made the decision for me plus the 16gb being on sale at £199 helped.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Moved from the tab s 8.4 to the nexus 9. Terrible battery life and the capacitive buttons made the decision for me plus the 16gb being on sale at £199 helped.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Are you happy with your choice? I do love the 10.5 screen but it's awful to use in potrait mode! plus I don't use half of the features like sd storage, multi window etc think if I'm happy with the nexus I might flog the Tab S as it's gonna drop in resell value with Samsung bringing out a follow up to the tab s soon.

roop27

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I sold my tab s 8.4 for the nexus 9 and have no intention of going back. The speakers, capacitive buttons and battery life were the biggest issues I had. These have all been rectified with the nexus 9. The standby battery was my biggest issue. I was getting 3 days Max standby so every time I went to use it the battery was dead. Very irritating. The front speakers are much better for viewing too. I don't miss the 16:9 aspect either. The larger screen is also a massive bonus. The only thing I missed was the ability to screen mirror to my samsung TV but Chromecast allows that. You won't be disappointed. I initially bought a surface 3 but that was too big as a sole tablet so I bought the nexus and have been very happy.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did. Loved the screen on the Tab but it was super laggy. The 9 is amazing.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently own both the N9 and a tab s 10.5 I love them both for what they are. N9 stock android Tab S that display so beautiful decent battery life on both now with updated 5.1.1 and 5.0.2 on the S

Sent from R2D2 N9