Rotation issues?

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All,

Since updating to 5.1.1, I've experienced issues with rotation. If I'm playing games or watching YouTube or other videos, for some reason, my screen locks into landscape mode. The only way to get out of this mode is to reboot my tablet. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Never noticed but I'll pay more attention and update.

Does "when" you come out of landscape impact things? For example if you are in landscape, do you exit to home in landscape with app still backgrounded or do you rotate back to portrait while inside the app, eg YouTube, then exit to home?

TBH I hate landscape, just a personal preference, so I don't use it much and often lock on portrait because it seems a little too sensitive to switch for me.

On RFE I'd like and put in a few times was to have a sensitivity setting for auto rotate where if you tip less than 45° it won't go, etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, landscape never tickled my fancy either...

Only helpful advice I could offer is clear your cache in recovery. It might help with the rotation issue you're having. If nothing else it will clean up a lot of garbage from the past couple 5.0 versions (5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1.1) the N9 has ran since launch...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Never noticed but I'll pay more attention and update.

Does "when" you come out of landscape impact things? For example if you are in landscape, do you exit to home in landscape with app still backgrounded or do you rotate back to portrait while inside the app, eg YouTube, then exit to home?

TBH I hate landscape, just a personal preference, so I don't use it much and often lock on portrait because it seems a little too sensitive to switch for me.

On RFE I'd like and put in a few times was to have a sensitivity setting for auto rotate where if you tip less than 45° it won't go, etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes! The second you exit said game or app, you are locked in landscape mode. I'm like you, I HATE landscape aside from watching a movie or playing a game that requires landscape view.

J

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, landscape never tickled my fancy either...

Only helpful advice I could offer is clear your cache in recovery. It might help with the rotation issue you're having. If nothing else it will clean up a lot of garbage from the past couple 5.0 versions (5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1.1) the N9 has ran since launch...

I'll try that. I did it after downloading 5.1.1 so maybe it needs another refresh.

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol