Does anybody know of a way to download pictures from my husband's camera to my Nexus 9?

A

AC Question

does anybody know of a way to download pictures from my husband's camera to my Nexus 9?

Tablet has no card reader and I'm told it only works by synching with Google+
Can the Nexus 9 read RAW files from a Nikon camera SD card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: does anybody know of a way to download pictures from my husband's camera to my Nexus 9?

Welcome to Android Central! You could get an OTG cable for the Nexus 9 and connect the camera that way. I can't guarantee that your specific camera will be compatible, but it's worth trying, since OTG cables are pretty cheap (I just got one today for $1.25). Here's an article that might interest you: An Android device and a DSLR can be really good friends | Android Central

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: does anybody know of a way to download pictures from my husband's camera to my Nexus 9?

Several possibilities.

1. As B.Diddy suggested, OTG adapter and hooking the camera up directly.
2. OTG cable and SD card reader - pull SD card from camera and put into reader (no worries about camera/OTG compatibility).
3. Hook camera up to desktop and use a photo manager that can sync to Google+, so all pictures are on your Google+ account and accessible on any device associated with that Google+ account.
4. EyeFi or similar SD card that can share photos directly from the camera over a WiFi connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae