Nexus 9 disconnects when adb reboots to bootloader - Can't flash image. What should I do?

A

AC Question

Nexus 9 disconnects when adb reboots to bootloader - Can't flash image

The background is that, even when my Nexus 9 says it's running 5.1.1, a 27.4 Mb Android System Update repeatedly downloads and, no matter what, throws an error during installation. Android on it's back. Even when I do a factory reset this same update comes up, and fails upon installation.

I unlocked the bootloader and connected for usb debugging. So far I've only gotten the usb connection established when Android is up and running. Adb recognizes the device. When I use 'adb reboot bootloader' the device goes to the bootloader. It's unlocked and in usb fastboot.

The problem is that, when the device reboots to bootloader, it drops and reestablishes the usb connection. And when the usb reconnects the device is no longer recognized. 'Adb devices' lists nothing, and 'flash-all.bat' hangs the command prompt. So far, I haven't figured out how to flash volantis onto my tablet.

Any suggestions?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 9 disconnects when adb reboots to bootloader - Can't flash image

There is another driver that is used at that stage. Check your downloads and updates in the developer stuff on your pc. (I don't have access to my pc now to give you the name of what to look for).

Posted via the Android Central App

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 9 disconnects when adb reboots to bootloader - Can't flash image

Have you tried simplifying the process by downloading Nexus Root toolkit? In the main window there is a setting "device boots" or "device is softbricked". I'd use device boots fine and if that doesn't work, device is softbricked.

Go ahead and install latest M preview, it will update to final release in the next week or two. I'd also recommend going into 'utilities' and finding the 'unencrypt' command. Well worth it, in my opinion. You must reboot after the unencrypt senario to have it update all apps installed. Root is not supported yet, but I don't see a real need for it, myself. Unlocked state is most important to maintain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax