Is anyone else having trouble with the April security patch on their Nexus 9?

Donald Smith2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This does pertain to the April 2016 security patch, via system update.

For me, it downloads, gets about 15-20% (estimate) into the installation, before I get an image of Lloyd having met his demise... After a minute my n9 restarts.

However, not everything works after the restart; bluetooth is no longer functioning and I am unable to check for updates without a failure... Standard apps seem to work Ok, however Google apps, like contacts, fail to synchronize now.

I'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset... Hoping. I've been notified of the update and tried installing 3 times, all with the same failure.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I never got the update so side loaded the zip. Everything seems to work but had gotten a few spontaneous reboots lately so I did a factory reset which has been the only way I've found of fixing lag and reboots. At least it's every 3-4 months now. It was every month before MM. If you have adb set up, I'd suggest side loading the zip.

parkrode360

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I just applied the update and it has really screwed up my Nexus 9. Chrome kept crashing (deleted the data and reloaded Chrome for that), my WD MyCloud crashes on startup, the home button doesn't work, the "minimize" button (where you can see all your open windows) doesn't work, and a bunch of apps (flipboard, etc) are not displaying. Also, i can't swipe down from the top of the screen to get my settings (like airplane mode, wi-fi and the like). So far Marshmallow has been VERY disappointing, my Nexus 9 is almost useless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800