Nexus 9 on Nougat

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I signed up for beta program this morning and got the upgrade to Nougat (not the preview)

Here are few things I noticed after the upgrade
1. Slowness in screen transition when you first boot up, it went away after I rebooted the tablet (Nova is my default launcher)
2. Slow data download or no connection to internet. To fix this, forget your Wi-Fi settings and reconnect and voila.
3. My streaming services (HBO Go, Netflix, Hulu, SHO Anytime, Crackle) were very very slow. It's OK for the first time, give them time to rebuild the cache. Snappy after reboot

I thing I will leave the tablet in the beta program and get the quarterly updates as soon as they are available

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My N9 is running smoothly without any issues whatsoever with the update. I did wipe the cache partition after the update as well.

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded my Nexus 9 last night to Nougat......now I no longer have a workable, usable, functioning tablet and I am totally irate. I am getting an error message repeatedly that "Google Play services keeps stopping". Have tried everything I read on the internet to fix it and nothing works. I was just told by a Google representative at 855-836-3987 that since this upgrade was brand new.....that it basically has destroyed my tablet. Her attitude infuriated me and I have been physically ill since. She told me that I had to take my tablet to a tech to see if he could fix it, if not, I had to wipe it clean and start all over like it was brand new. I have no idea how to do that and her "Oh well" attitude really has me to the point of crying. This tablet cost me $500 and now I have to spend more $$$$ to fix it after a Google upgrade that was supposed to make it so much better. Come on Google, this is ridiculous.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded my Nexus 9 last night to Nougat......now I no longer have a workable, usable, functioning tablet and I am totally irate. I am getting an error message repeatedly that "Google Play services keeps stopping". Have tried everything I read on the internet to fix it and nothing works. I was just told by a Google representative at 855-836-3987 that since this upgrade was brand new.....that it basically has destroyed my tablet. Her attitude infuriated me and I have been physically ill since. She told me that I had to take my tablet to a tech to see if he could fix it, if not, I had to wipe it clean and start all over like it was brand new. I have no idea how to do that and her "Oh well" attitude really has me to the point of crying. This tablet cost me $500 and now I have to spend more $$$$ to fix it after a Google upgrade that was supposed to make it so much better. Come on Google, this is ridiculous.

Question, can you get to the "desktop/home" of the tablet?

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Both smooth and (so far) my apps are sharing the tablet much better. For example, this Mozilla Firefox tab and my "quick reply" remained a running process while I was over in GMail (instead of needing to download and redraw the entire pagd upon my return).

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Installed 7.0 yesterday and everything is just fine. Love the new tweaks. Boots up lightening fast now and shuts down quicker too. Wiped cache also, just because.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing about 10 times within a 9 hour day. It's doing a lot of things it never did before. I hate it and I'm hoping we get some updates to fix these problems! Typing doesn't keep up with key press EVER. I have to look to make sure it's working. When it freezes and I have to hold the power button down about 12 seconds to shut it down, it doesn't shut down. It looks like it, but then the Google word comes up, then it restarts! It has me crazy at this point. I really need some updates!

JStryker

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Mine does the same thing about 10 times within a 9 hour day. It's doing a lot of things it never did before. I hate it and I'm hoping we get some updates to fix these problems! Typing doesn't keep up with key press EVER. I have to look to make sure it's working. When it freezes and I have to hold the power button down about 12 seconds to shut it down, it doesn't shut down. It looks like it, but then the Google word comes up, then it restarts! It has me crazy at this point. I really need some updates!

Absolutely this is whats going on. Especially inside Chrome - it gets super laggy and the top back of the tablet is almost IRON hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2