Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

Default reverting back to the original ROM and OTA updates

I got my Nexus One last week and quickly rooted it and flashed CyanogenMod. Before I did, I did a nandroid backup of the original ROM. If I flash that original ROM back (the nandroid backup one), will I get OTA updates again or is there something more I need to do?

I think rooting has nothing to do with OTA. I might be wrong, but you will be fine either way.
    Probably before you get an OTA update, you will grab a link to it and install it before lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler View Post
    I got my Nexus One last week and quickly rooted it and flashed CyanogenMod. Before I did, I did a nandroid backup of the original ROM. If I flash that original ROM back (the nandroid backup one), will I get OTA updates again or is there something more I need to do?
    As long as you are running a non-stock recovery image (which you have to in order to run Cyanogen) you will not be able to install OTA updates. If you are running a stock rom I believe it will still prompt you to download, but the install will fail since the recovery is not the proper image. The only way to receive and install OTA updates as you would on a virgin N1 would be to revert to the stock rom and recovery images.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    As long as you are running a non-stock recovery image (which you have to in order to run Cyanogen) you will not be able to install OTA updates. If you are running a stock rom I believe it will still prompt you to download, but the install will fail since the recovery is not the proper image. The only way to receive and install OTA updates as you would on a virgin N1 would be to revert to the stock rom and recovery images.
    I'm pretty new to all this...how does one revert back to stock rom/etc?

I'm running Cyanogen 5.0.8 if that makes a difference.
    Follow me on Twitter

Learning the in's and out's of my Nexus every day

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

ricky,

You probably figured it out by now. But, the procedure is basically the same on the phone. You just have to google web and forums and find the dl links for the original rom and recovery.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; Nexus One-Rooted, HTC One S rooted, Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted; Carrier AT&T--

hey any one knows how to revert nexus one to stock rom?

Quote Originally Posted by crocer View Post
    hey any one knows how to revert nexus one to stock rom?
    You will need to download and flash over the original, stock OTA update of Froyo on your phone.