Micro USB Flash Drive

Wilberries

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure it will work, I think I have read that once rooted the nexus player can be modified to accept SD storage. I believe right now it won't work.

A work around I have used is sideloading Advanced Task Manager and cleaning the memory before running larger apps like Kodi/XBMC, or other media apps that will cache video.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's something that may be of interest if it is possible... due to the low end memory of the Nexus Player.. is it possible to expand that memory by means of an external flash drive... something of this sort:

PNY DuoLink OTG 16GB USB 2.0Micro USB Flash Drive Black P-FDI16GOTGSWB-GE - Best Buy

You will be able to use it but only with a file explorer app like ES file explorer. For instance you wouldn't be able to download a game from the nexus player onto the external storage. Don't quote me but I think I read somewhere that people were using external storage to sideload games from the storage but it wasn't working that great and there are work arounds needed.

Personally I really wish google would allow us to use external storage for both games and movies from google play. I don't see it coming though which is a shame for a device with only 8GB of storage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234