Netflix on Nexus Player

jlinz20

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with Netflix not playing in full screen? When I first start the app, it works fine, but when the post play kicks in and the next episode of a show fires up, it appears in a small box in the top left of the screen the only way to get it back in full screen is by force closing the app and restarting.

Tries turning post play off and it still happens.

Posted via Android Central App

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Same for me. Didn't think about this until now, but has anybody checked in the play store for an update to Netflix? And I mean checking from the nexus player, not on a phone or tablet. Isn't it usually different? I can't really do it right now, but it's worth a shot. Next option will be contacting Netflix.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlinz20

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed its only when pressing the "play next episode" right after one has ended that its happened, if I back out to the list of episodes and pick the next one manually all is fine.

Very strange. I see the Netflix application hadn't been updated since November 23rd, was there a recent update to the Nexus Player, I just got mine 3 days ago.

Posted via Android Central App

mlepage

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I have not had a "small box" playback issue, but for the last week or so, I can't connect to Netflix (Canada) to play back at all! Very annoying!

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I have had with Netflix is that it buffers often. On my Roku 3 that never happened. However.. Netflix on my Nexus Player has a much sharper HD picture than on my Roku. Maybe it buffers more because of that and my slow wifi. I don't know why Netflix is sharper on my Nexus Player. Better chip.. more RAM?

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
There was a patch for Netflix the other day but i never had any issues with it myself. On a side note I have noticed that the play store does not auto update apps even tho I have set it to so make sure to check for updates manually

mike ardito

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got a nexus player today. Netflix is NOWHERE to be found on the unit. And when I go to the play store it's not there. And if I try to go to the play store on line, it won't allow me to select my nexus player to install it. Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My parents have a Nexus Player that I gave them as a gift, and I am their tech support person (for this and all their other devices). They use it mainly for Netflix. For about the last month, autoplay doesn't work right. They keep get error messages and keep getting signed out and have to sign back into Netflix, and I think sometimes they have to power cycle the Nexus Player even to get the sign-in to come up. Basically they can only watch one episode at a time and then it's a huge pain to get back in to watch the next episode. I looked at the app reviews for the Netflix app in the Play Store, and see lots of other people leaving 1-star reviews and complaining about the exact same problem. It seems to be happening since the last app update in mid-June. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of a fix or workaround? Is there anyway to uninstall the update and revert back to the version that worked?

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I heard that Netflix had responded saying it was an internal issue on their side. And that it was about to be fixed. In the meantime people had had success by skipping the auto play. Just back out when the episode ends and start it up again. I tried it and it worked like a charm. I also heard that auto play can be turned of in the settings, but it affects the whole account. So good if you only use the Nexus Player, bad if you want to keep auto play on the phone or tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888