Android 5.1 Update Received For My Nexus Player

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
As the title says. I didn't even know I received the update until I checked to see what version of Android my Nexus Player has. Absolutely no user interface changes and no new functions.

Wilberries

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
On the downside apparently Google has removed the compatibility to thousands of apps that you could manually sideload in the Nexus Player. In fact, the menu of classic applications is no longer accessible and in this way, in one fell swoop, broke compatibility with the classic This from the developer of lollirock the custom rom for the nexus player.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Since 5.1 once I power off the TV and then turn it back on it shows no signal for the Nexus Player. I have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in while the tv is still on or power cycle the Nexus Player to get the tv to find it. Again this behavior only started after 5.1. I have have performed a factory reset.

Wilberries

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if you use Kodi, but I have found if you leave Kodi running and turn the TV off, when you turn the tv back on the nexus player will be where you left it

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue after 5.1 update. No signal from Nexus when TV is rebooted even though Nexus is on.

Another work around that I've found Cihan is if I use the nexus remote to arrow around the android tv interface while turning on the tv. I usually hit left back home buttons randomly until I see the android TV interface while the TV is turning on.