Nexus Player doesn't show up on Chromecast App (no fullscreen casting)

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I realize that the Nexus Player is not a Chromecast, but it supports Chromecast functionality.

One issue I'm having with the NP is that it does not show up as a Chromecast device on the Chromecast app on my tablet/phone, so it does not seem possible to cast my entire screen to the NP, even though I can do it to the Chromecast device on another TV.

Any suggestions on how to do a full screen cast from an android device to the Nexus Player?

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It should work I do it with mine. Are both devices on the same network? I know my Chromecast sometimes disappears and needs some fiddling to get working. Sometimes it is simple as power cycling.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response! Just to be clear, are you saying that your Nexus Player shows up on the app? Or your Chromecast?

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
For example if I open youtube on my phone and press the cast button the Nexus player is one of the options.

It does not appear in the Chromecast app and I don't think this is a requirement as I can cast certain apps to my Tivo and fire tv as well.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For example if I open youtube on my phone and press the cast button the Nexus player is one of the options.

It does not appear in the Chromecast app and I don't think this is a requirement as I can cast certain apps to my Tivo and fire tv as well.

Hey again! Yeah, I can certainly use the Chromecast functionality when in an app, but the actual Chromecast app itself does not load that device, so I can't use the screen mirroring functionality.

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
In the Chromecast app swipe from the left and tap the cast screen button you should now see any devices listed that can do this including the Nexus player.

Posted via the Android Central App

Digiling

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm able to cast to the nexus player from the YouTube app, but can't from other apps like Viki and can't find the nexus player on the Chromecast app using the swipe left and "find cast device" method. Help. Thanks.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. It's very inconsistent and also very annoying. I shouldn't have to fiddle with it so much. It should just work.

Posted via the Android Central App

DizziDroid

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I realize that the Nexus Player is not a Chromecast, but it supports Chromecast functionality.

One issue I'm having with the NP is that it does not show up as a Chromecast device on the Chromecast app on my tablet/phone, so it does not seem possible to cast my entire screen to the NP, even though I can do it to the Chromecast device on another TV.

Any suggestions on how to do a full screen cast from an android device to the Nexus Player?

I had this issue and thought I would share My solution. The issue was somewhere along time I disabled Google Cast Receiver.

On Nexus Player Home screen click Settings 》Apps 》Google Cast Receiver (System App) 》Enable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante