Worth buying just for gaming?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
All I am looking for is the ability to play android games on my hdtv. My son loves driving games and uses my Nexus 7, but I think he would enjoy it more up on the TV. Is the Player the device to buy, with the controller? Or is there something better (apart from gaming consoles and purchasing games)?
Also, how can I see which apps are compatible before I get the Player? I looked all over Google Play and didn't see any listing for games that work on the Player. Thank you.

jschall

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there are lots of games available for my Nexus Player. Just search the Play Store for Android TV Games. You'll want to add the $40 controller to the $100 player.

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
For pure gaming I would probably wait for Nvidia to launch their Android TV box, but the Nexus Player isn't bad. I bought the game pad mostly for myself, but it was in the hands of my girlfriend and our 3 year old the whole afternoon when I brought it home. 😊

BobB67

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
If gaming is the focus, spend the extra for the Shield. My Nexus Player has been great but it's now on the upstairs TV and the Shield in the living room, it's the best value in gaming right now.