Nexus Player Casting broken in 6.0

untitledlives

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So heres the story. I received the Android 6.0 ota a week ago. I fiddled with the storage ups thing. not incredibly happy with that but I guess its a limitation with Kodi. Long story short. I went to cast pandora after waking up from a nap and now I can't seen to Cast or find this single device as a castable device from any of my devices. So is this android 6.0 awaiting a SW push for a new chromcast app?

htgmc

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So heres the story. I received the Android 6.0 ota a week ago. I fiddled with the storage ups thing. not incredibly happy with that but I guess its a limitation with Kodi. Long story short. I went to cast pandora after waking up from a nap and now I can't seen to Cast or find this single device as a castable device from any of my devices. So is this android 6.0 awaiting a SW push for a new chromcast app?
I have not had a single issue casting from pc or phone. I did not do OTA update I flashed it manually myself. I have been able to cast unrooted and rooted with no difference. I typically use all cast app or castbox. That's just my preference.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I just tried casting my watch espn app to my nexus player and I have the same problem. The nexus player does not show up as a device to cast to, only my chromecast does. My nexus player has also been updated to 6.0. WTF Google?

Posted via the Android Central App

htgmc

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried casting my watch espn app to my nexus player and I have the same problem. The nexus player does not show up as a device to cast to, only my chromecast does. My nexus player has also been updated to 6.0. WTF Google?

uploadfromtaptalk1444957482485.jpg

Espn app has no problem from my note4 to nexus player.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have stumped the 2nd level tech support at Google. I called about the issue and they had me try a whole host of things and none worked. We're talking factory reset of the nexus player, restarting the nexus player, force stopping and clearing data on the various apps I was trying to cast from, uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, and even restarting router and forgetting and reconnecting to my network on the phone. None worked. The guy is going to have higher level engineers try to figure it out and get back to me.

Here are my details:

I have a Verizon LG G4 running 5.1. I also have a nexus 9 tablet running 6.0. Neither of them will recognize my nexus player running 6.0 but they will recognize my chromecast (original style, not the new one if those are even out yet.)

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I bought the NP yesterday, was able to cast last night while it was 5.1.1. Woke up this morning with the NP already updated automatically to 6.0, and now I can't cast anymore. I didn't have time to do a lot of troubleshooting this morning before leaving for work, but did a quick factory reset and that didn't seem to solve the trouble. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to sort through the app updates.

ETA: Tried casting from my N5 with 6.0 and my Asus Transformer Prime with 4.1.1.

rudyych

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am suffered the same issue. Since my Nexus Player was upgraded with Android 6 from OTA, my Windows notebook, Android phone and tablet no longer find my nexus player as cast device.

Dre4051

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one just thought it was my imagination. I have a galaxy note 4 and also lost cast after updating to 6.0.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to cast last night for the first time since updating to 6.0 and got the same issue. Thought I was going nuts.

Edit: I did the OTA update for the record

Last edited:

CJactual

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem, so I contacted Google support. They were very promt and tried to help, but they had nothing. Google claims that this is not a "known issue". Google support then provided a soft transfer to Asus tech support. Guess what? They are clueless as well.

SOLUTION: Factory reset to previous verion

kzu

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
All you have to do is to update app called Google Cast Receiver. Look for it in Google play on nexus player. Had the same problem casting and it helped instantly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11