Video Streaming

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Watched a movie last night through Nexus Q, streamed from Google Play. There were buffering issues at least 50 times (no exaggeration) during the movie, which lasted 2-10 seconds each time.

I don't think it's my router/connection (Speedtest.net indicates 43/18 Mbps). Cisco E4200 wireless router - have had very good experience w/ the router otherwise. For some reason, during setup, it only found an 802.11n connection and not 80211a - and I can't find a way to try and change it. Also, the router is only about 10 feet away.

I'm a bit surprised that the Q has this problem so late in the game, especially when content is coming from Google Play.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I stream from Google Play with my Nexus Q and I have no buffering issues. I have it connected via WiFi through a 50/30 mbps connection.

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I no longer have this issue. Google either fixed it on their end (streaming), or it was fixed when they updated the Q software. It actually works pretty well now. Really wish they'd continue development, though.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I no longer have this issue. Google either fixed it on their end (streaming), or it was fixed when they updated the Q software. It actually works pretty well now. Really wish they'd continue development, though.

If it was only that one instance in which you had the buffering issues, it's possible it was just a temporary issue with the server you were connected to in order to pull down the movie. Unusually high bandwidth for that server, or some sort of interruption.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance