Video Streaming

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Watched a movie last night through Nexus Q, streamed from Google Play. There were buffering issues at least 50 times (no exaggeration) during the movie, which lasted 2-10 seconds each time.

I don't think it's my router/connection (Speedtest.net indicates 43/18 Mbps). Cisco E4200 wireless router - have had very good experience w/ the router otherwise. For some reason, during setup, it only found an 802.11n connection and not 80211a - and I can't find a way to try and change it. Also, the router is only about 10 feet away.

I'm a bit surprised that the Q has this problem so late in the game, especially when content is coming from Google Play.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I stream from Google Play with my Nexus Q and I have no buffering issues. I have it connected via WiFi through a 50/30 mbps connection.

yoinks

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I no longer have this issue. Google either fixed it on their end (streaming), or it was fixed when they updated the Q software. It actually works pretty well now. Really wish they'd continue development, though.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I no longer have this issue. Google either fixed it on their end (streaming), or it was fixed when they updated the Q software. It actually works pretty well now. Really wish they'd continue development, though.

If it was only that one instance in which you had the buffering issues, it's possible it was just a temporary issue with the server you were connected to in order to pull down the movie. Unusually high bandwidth for that server, or some sort of interruption.