Honeymoon Period

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Now that the honeymoon is over..what are your likes and dislikes about the device? What are you using more than you thought you would... Are you missing anything from any other device?

For me, the "honeymoon" is still going. I'm still loving this device like I first held it. I use the squeeze a lot more than I thought.. I also use the front camera way more than I thought.. I don't really miss the headphone jack like I thought, though one time I was charging in the car and I was like "ah can't plug in my aux.. but wait, my battery will last so nevermind"

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that the honeymoon is over..what are your likes and dislikes about the device? What are you using more than you thought you would... Are you missing anything from any other device?

For me, the "honeymoon" is still going. I'm still loving this device like I first held it. I use the squeeze a lot more than I thought.. I also use the front camera way more than I thought.. I don't really miss the headphone jack like I thought, though one time I was charging in the car and I was like "ah can't plug in my aux.. but wait, my battery will last so nevermind"

+1

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought this thread was going a different direction. I've had mine since launch. No complaints. I had a lot of Bluetooth connectivity issues in the beginning but those have somehow work themselves out without updates.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, and I flat out love this phone! It's the best phone I've ever had.

I am using the Google Assistant way more than I thought I would, and I'm usually using the Active Edge to summon her.

I had Google Assistant on my previous Samsung S6, like all Android phones. But I find the implementation on the Pixel 2 to be way more useful.

I also really like the Now Playing function, and the Google Lens.

I can't think of anything that I don't like. Battery life on my P2XL is simply amazing! I'm pretty sure I could go 2 full days on a charge, though I charge once a day. I always have at least 50% left when I put it back on the charger.

I guess the only thing I miss from my S6 would be the wireless charging, and it's really not a huge loss. If they put that in the Pixel 3, great. If they don't, no biggie. I also don't miss the headphone jack, the dongle works great, and I got some new Sennheiser BT IEMs that sound great.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Very happy overall with the phone!
Lots of Pros no regrets.
If I share pictures with somebody or show them pictures im constantly asked what phone that is they're impressed with the clarity of the pics.

The assistant is definitely one of my favorites

Hopefully a future update will allow my S3 watch to receive calls without creating issues with the phone speaker.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since October. 19th. It's basically the first batch that got shipped and no issues like every writer and their mom are posting. I absolutely love this phone. It's fluid and in my opinion the best combo of hardware and software today. Guess what? I actually love the screen. The camera is so great that I have to take pics constantly to believe it's so great lol. It's scary to think how awesome the Pixel 3 camera will be....but I'm not going to get ahead of myself lol. I tried the Note 8 as an additional phone and returned it with the quickness lol. I just love the Google ecosystem as a whole. Samsung and Apple can duke it out all they want. Google has a real winner here.

Base_UK

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I haven't missed the headphone jack at all, since I got a free pair of Bluetooth headphones with my previous phone and used then ever since. I was plugging the auxiliary into the old one in the car as Bluetooth kept dropping, it's only since the poster above mentioned it that it's occurred to me that the connection hasn't dropped at all with the pixel 2!

Other than a delay in the updates (finally got November yesterday), it's been great, looking forward to playing around with Google lens today.

Paul1266

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 weeks now and it's hands down the best phone I have or have used. The speed and smoothness still blows me away and the camera is unbelievable. I have a stable of devices which I often rotate but this one is getting almost exclusively attention since day 1.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Good to see a positive thread! Most folks who post in forum have issues - but they typically only represent a fraction of total users.

So, yes, I really love this phone. And, I've gotten a new phone every year since the first Palm Treo was released.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
this phone has been my favorite phone I've had. I've gone through so many phones over the past couple years each time I get a itch try something new because there is always that one thing that keeps me from keeping it long term. now that I've had the phone I have no itch to get a different phone even in the slightest even with it supposed flaws it's the perfect phone for me.

the features I didn't expect to use so much is the squeeze it's to the point I have upgraded half my house with smart things to use the assistant with. other than that I appreciate all the small touches i.e pull down notification shade with the fingerprint, the auto theme of the pixel launcher ( while not perfect it's close) . looking forward to seeing how it improves with updates

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My honeymoon period started a little over a month ago when I had my first Pixel XL (1st Gen) experience. I switched back to my iPhone but couldn't get it out of my system. This message is from my pixel 2 XL.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that the honeymoon is over..

It's not over yet

Maybe I've been too busy lately, but I'm still learning new things about my 2 XL. Best phone I've ever had.

The only thing I miss about my previous phone is the Edge panel. I tried to quit that but ended installing an app for that.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There's so much that I like. I know my wife is going to love the iPhone X and Apple watch 3 she's getting handed down from me for Christmas lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool