Would you want a Pixel 2b?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A simpler, cheaper version, the Pixel 2b has been rumoured of late....a sort of resurrection of the Nexus line perhaps. Would this appeal to you, if the specs were not much lower than the Pixel 2 itself?

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2b

I would go for it sure !
the main problem for me with the first pixel was the price, not the performance, so if there'll be a cheaper version I will get it without hesitation.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think it would depend on what the differences are. If the body is plastic, smaller screen, then perhaps.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

A simpler, cheaper version, the Pixel 2b has been rumoured of late....a sort of resurrection of the Nexus line perhaps. Would this appeal to you, if the specs were not much lower than the Pixel 2 itself?

I thought it was confirmed that there won't be a cheap option?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Right now it seems this doesn't exist, at least not in mainstream markets. There might be a cheaper Google phone being developed in between the Pixel and Android One prices for other markets.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I think this would be a good idea. Im sure there are a lot of potentially buyer out there who want a Pixel but if you live in Canada, the price can go over $1,000 which is a little hard to swallow for some :) If they gave the 'cheaper' variant a Snapdragon 820 when the pixel 2 launches and maybe include 32GB storage. That would be fine. Maybe $399?

I do think that Google wants to stay in the premium market to rival Samsung and Apple. Hopefully we can hear some more rumours as the weeks and months go by. Still very early days.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't help wishing for a successor to the Nexus 5. I bought mine in March 2014 for about £290....for comparison, the Pixels start at about £600. The smoothness and speed of the 5 never fail to astonish me, and a version of it with FPS and a bigger battery, and perhaps expandable storage, would surely sell. Customers don't always want the latest features and hardware.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't help wishing for a successor to the Nexus 5. I bought mine in March 2014 for about £290....for comparison, the Pixels start at about £600. The smoothness and speed of the 5 never fail to astonish me, and a version of it with FPS and a bigger battery, and perhaps expandable storage, would surely sell. Customers don't always want the latest features and hardware.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. I think we were spoilt when it came to performance vs price with the Nexus 5 :)

If Google does end up releasing a budget Pixel, I would like to see some expandable storage. I know they don't really like doing it but it's never too late to change :D haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome