What Pixel Improvements do you want to see in the Pixel 2?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel Improvements

I just wish they wouldn't have allowed the somewhat misleading advertising tag line 'Only at Verizon'.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, exclusive to the EE network in the UK.
I've never actually seen a Pixel.

Edit: Since posting the above, I've seen a used one for sale, EE-locked. That's all.

Last edited:

sakamoto4

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site

More to set it apart from other phones. Especially with Google assistant no longer exclusive. Would be nice to have a really unique and striking design.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

What are the improvements that you would like to see to the Pixel? Device of the highest quality though it set out to be, no device is perfect and there are several changes that could be made to its successor.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-2

I actually think the phone is fairly boring looking and nowhere near as solid as the reviews claim it is. The buttons have a lot of wiggle, the phone feels "hollow" when you idly tap the back or front (it'll even vibrate) and the glass back is meh. They need a flat metal slab or a flat glass slab. Not both.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I would like to see the volume rocker moved down from it's current location. Tired of having the volume be either fully loud or muted just from holding it.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Higher IP rating (67). Use the bezels for front facing speakers. 3000 mAh in the smaller phone ( though I am really happy with Pixel battery life so far).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I actually think the phone is fairly boring looking and nowhere near as solid as the reviews claim it is. The buttons have a lot of wiggle, the phone feels "hollow" when you idly tap the back or front (it'll even vibrate) and the glass back is meh. They need a flat metal slab or a flat glass slab. Not both.

I have to say you're the first person I have ever seen judge a phone by how it sounds when tapped lol :p.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
  • Stereo front-facing speakers
  • Bring back SlimPort (or other direct screen mirroring w/o WiFi/Chromecast)
  • 4x4 MIMO LTE compatibility
  • Tango support
  • Slimmer top/bottom bezels (but still enough to hold the phone without 'accidental' presses)
  • Dump the glass back shade, or actually use real GG instead of what they purport to be GG but scratches from items of hardness well below what GG is rated against. Heck, be innovative and make the back a solar charging panel
  • 4k resolution on Pixel XL2, 2k on Pixel2, both with software to adapt resolution scale for power conservation when not needed (would be dramatic improvement for VR)
  • OIS. EIS is doing a [/I]fantastic[/I] job with video, but OIS would further improve low-light performance
  • IP 68 rating (because anything less will be offensive to some)

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the IP68 and front speakers....

MORE VIBRATION! This phone has the weakest vibration of any device I've used. If it weren't for my smartwatch, I'd never know I have a notification.

At first I thought I had a dud, but many others have commented on this as well.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
There is actually not that much I'm unhappy about with the Pixel. There are however a couple things i would like to see improved on
1) As with all smartphones, i think everyone would always love a little more battery life. :)
2) Optical Image Stabilisation, now i know Google explained why it doesn't have it but it helps, like a lot. So i would like that to be in there for the next found.
3) Slimmer bezels. It doesn't have to be drastically thinner. Just a little thinner to reduce the overall footprint... and... Google don't reduce the bezels and then increase the screen size lol.

Thats my 3 things :)

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
a good imporovmnt for me would be a superamoled screen at 4k thats atleast 6.5 4gigs of ram and storage at 64gb and included in the box a usv-c to usb cable of 30 feet

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 2
I would love to see

1) IP68 rating
2) Better vibration motor
3) Slimmer bezels which leads to larger display. Start at 5.2 for reg Pixel 2 then 5.7 for the XL
4) Start at 64GB storage or at least add the option
5) Wireless charging
6) bigger battery!
7) Camera improvements like OIS, wide angle front and back
8) SD Card I know Google will never do it but I still want to see it :)

Then release it on all carriers in the US not just Verizon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 2
I would love to see

1) IP68 rating
3) Slimmer bezels which leads to larger display. Start at 5.2 for reg Pixel 2 then 5.7 for the XL
5) Wireless charging
6) bigger battery!

I agree with most of your list except for wireless charging. I like that feature, but so far no one has been willing to implement wireless charging with a metal body; it typically leads to glass. I'd much rather have a solid metal body rather than wireless charging, if that's the choice.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
a good imporovmnt for me would be a superamoled screen at 4k thats atleast 6.5 4gigs of ram and storage at 64gb and included in the box a usv-c to usb cable of 30 feet

it's not 4k, does have 4G RAM, 30 feet cable is a bad idea - charging and data speeds would be super slow.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 2
I would love to see

1) IP68 rating
5) Wireless charging
6) bigger battery!

I think this is a perfect list! The only thing I would like to add to the list is a dual rear camera setupツ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac