Google Pixel 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, SD cards, in Google's public opinion, are for budget devices in developing markets where cloud services are prohibitive and internal storage can't be found in sufficient quantities.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Google got in a hurry to get this phone out.
It should of had a Sd card and been waterproof.
Cloud is for backup storage.

Yes they was in a hurry.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Those are freshwater fish. In the industry, "fresh" is a codeword for a completely new design.

We are going to see something totally new from Google, the hints are in the codenames.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hope the curved edges isn't true and could not disagree more that they should have put in an SD card slot. I'd much rather have a proper internal storage option than a low storage option and an SD card. So far there has been no evidence that they would adopt either... the curved display "rumor" isn't even a rumor, it's speculation that Google might want to do it because Samsung did it and because Apple might want to do it. That carries the exact same weight as asking a perfect stranger who has never held a smartphone, "hey, do you think Google will have a curved display on their next phone?" It's approximately as informed as flipping a coin.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not been a fan of SD cards in quite some time. Never going to use them again for smartphone use.

Hmmm...I don't understand that at all. I could use a 32 or 64GB phone and have all of my movies and music stored on a sd card and be fine for years. Google just wants you to use their cloud services so they can mine your data.
With today's new SD Cards speed and reliability is not an issue. Then SD Cards are cheap when on sale and they are always on sale somewhere.....
I don't like to stream music so all my data is local. I have 12Gb of music on my 128GB Pixel XL. I would have been able to save money buying the 32GB Pixel XL. They were much more available as well than the 128GB Pixels XLs. I had to wait and extra 6 weeks to get my 128Gb while 32GB models were available sooner and cheaper.

I would love to see the SD Card, wireless charging and IP68 certification on the Pixel 2.

But please Google keep it a flat screen...no curves please......

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...I don't understand that at all. I could use a 32 or 64GB phone and have all of my movies and music stored on a sd card and be fine for years. Google just wants you to use their cloud services so they can mine your data.
With today's new SD Cards speed and reliability is not an issue. Then SD Cards are cheap when on sale and they are always on sale somewhere.....
I don't like to stream music so all my data is local. I have 12Gb of music on my 128GB Pixel XL. I would have been able to save money buying the 32GB Pixel XL. They were much more available as well than the 128GB Pixels XLs. I had to wait and extra 6 weeks to get my 128Gb while 32GB models were available sooner and cheaper.

I would love to see the SD Card, wireless charging and IP68 certification on the Pixel 2.

But please Google keep it a flat screen...no curves please......
They can mine data from the SD card too. They don't want SD cards in phones because they're slow and they introduce performance, stability and security issues that are not issues on internal storage.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
They can mine data from the SD card too. They don't want SD cards in phones because they're slow and they introduce performance, stability and security issues that are not issues on internal storage.

Slower than internal storage for sure...but that doesn't mean they can't perform duties like playing music or movies perfectly well. Then today's SD Cards are getting faster and cheaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000