04-21-2017 01:17 PM
102 123 ...
tools
    To be released later this year.
    Says its suppose to be water proof.
    And they are trying to make curved edges .

Google Pixel 2 release date, news and rumors | TechRadar
    04-16-2017 08:42 AM
    Yup. Both code named Walleye and Muskie. Interesting choices of fish.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-16-2017 09:20 AM
    Wonder if they are gonna put a Sd card in it since they rushed the 1st Pixel phone out.
    04-16-2017 09:51 AM
    Rushed the Pixel?
    04-16-2017 01:01 PM
    No, SD cards, in Google's public opinion, are for budget devices in developing markets where cloud services are prohibitive and internal storage can't be found in sufficient quantities.
    04-16-2017 01:03 PM
    No, SD cards, in Google's public opinion, are for budget devices in developing markets where cloud services are prohibitive and internal storage can't be found in sufficient quantities.
    I agree with them.
    brosko likes this.
    04-16-2017 01:21 PM
    Google got in a hurry to get this phone out.
    It should of had a Sd card and been waterproof.
    Cloud is for backup storage.

Yes they was in a hurry.
    04-16-2017 01:26 PM
    Those are freshwater fish. In the industry, "fresh" is a codeword for a completely new design.

We are going to see something totally new from Google, the hints are in the codenames.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    04-16-2017 01:45 PM
    I really hope the curved edges isn't true and could not disagree more that they should have put in an SD card slot. I'd much rather have a proper internal storage option than a low storage option and an SD card. So far there has been no evidence that they would adopt either... the curved display "rumor" isn't even a rumor, it's speculation that Google might want to do it because Samsung did it and because Apple might want to do it. That carries the exact same weight as asking a perfect stranger who has never held a smartphone, "hey, do you think Google will have a curved display on their next phone?" It's approximately as informed as flipping a coin.
    Lilybell2, Davidoo and amotter like this.
    04-16-2017 01:53 PM
    I have not been a fan of SD cards in quite some time. Never going to use them again for smartphone use.
    Lilybell2, Tritonemusic and brosko like this.
    04-16-2017 01:54 PM
    I have not been a fan of SD cards in quite some time. Never going to use them again for smartphone use.
    Google is with you on that one except for in the Android One line.
    04-16-2017 01:59 PM
    'Stizostedion vitreum' and 'Esox masquinongy'. Nice.
    04-16-2017 02:03 PM
    Those are freshwater fish. In the industry, "fresh" is a codeword for a completely new design.

We are going to see something totally new from Google, the hints are in the codenames.
    What ya mean I gotta wait ?
    Was trying to hold out for the note 8 now.
    04-16-2017 03:34 PM
    Mod note: moved to proper forum.
    04-16-2017 03:37 PM
    Kinda stuck between wanting a pixel xl and the note 8.
    04-16-2017 03:43 PM
    Hmmm...I don't understand that at all. I could use a 32 or 64GB phone and have all of my movies and music stored on a sd card and be fine for years. Google just wants you to use their cloud services so they can mine your data.
    With today's new SD Cards speed and reliability is not an issue. Then SD Cards are cheap when on sale and they are always on sale somewhere.....
    I don't like to stream music so all my data is local. I have 12Gb of music on my 128GB Pixel XL. I would have been able to save money buying the 32GB Pixel XL. They were much more available as well than the 128GB Pixels XLs. I had to wait and extra 6 weeks to get my 128Gb while 32GB models were available sooner and cheaper.

I would love to see the SD Card, wireless charging and IP68 certification on the Pixel 2.

But please Google keep it a flat screen...no curves please......
    04-17-2017 07:44 AM
    Hmmm...I don't understand that at all. I could use a 32 or 64GB phone and have all of my movies and music stored on a sd card and be fine for years. Google just wants you to use their cloud services so they can mine your data.
    With today's new SD Cards speed and reliability is not an issue. Then SD Cards are cheap when on sale and they are always on sale somewhere.....
    I don't like to stream music so all my data is local. I have 12Gb of music on my 128GB Pixel XL. I would have been able to save money buying the 32GB Pixel XL. They were much more available as well than the 128GB Pixels XLs. I had to wait and extra 6 weeks to get my 128Gb while 32GB models were available sooner and cheaper.

I would love to see the SD Card, wireless charging and IP68 certification on the Pixel 2.

But please Google keep it a flat screen...no curves please......
    They can mine data from the SD card too. They don't want SD cards in phones because they're slow and they introduce performance, stability and security issues that are not issues on internal storage.
    04-17-2017 08:26 AM
    Hmmm...I don't understand that at all.
    After having a few fail, it left me with a bad opinion of them.
    04-17-2017 09:03 AM
    They can mine data from the SD card too. They don't want SD cards in phones because they're slow and they introduce performance, stability and security issues that are not issues on internal storage.
    Slower than internal storage for sure...but that doesn't mean they can't perform duties like playing music or movies perfectly well. Then today's SD Cards are getting faster and cheaper.
    DJM626 likes this.
    04-17-2017 09:29 AM
    After having a few fail, it left me with a bad opinion of them.
    I have never had an SD Card fail on me yet.....
    DJM626 likes this.
    04-17-2017 10:07 AM
    Slower than internal storage for sure...but that doesn't mean they can't perform duties like playing music or movies perfectly well. Then today's SD Cards are getting faster and cheaper.
    Sure, but it's slower AND worse performance AND worse stability AND much much much worse security. That's why Google chooses to eschew them in their own phones. On Android phones and tablets, SD cards are just a bad idea. On AndroidTV there is better support available. Google does support them in their other products, such as Chromebooks.
    04-17-2017 10:19 AM
    Sure, but it's slower AND worse performance AND worse stability AND much much much worse security. That's why Google chooses to eschew them in their own phones. On Android phones and tablets, SD cards are just a bad idea. On AndroidTV there is better support available. Google does support them in their other products, such as Chromebooks.
    nonsense.....I have been using SD Cards for years and have not had one issue with them.
    Just that they are supported by some Google products alone says it all.
    Performance is based on the card you buy. Then the average consumer with never see the difference between a card's R/W performance in today's products.
    DJM626 likes this.
    04-17-2017 11:09 AM
    I do agree with them. As long as i have enough internal storage for my needs, i don't mind not having a MicroSD card. Just don't be like Apple and provide 16GB internal storage and then allow 4K video recording lol

My current 4 questions marks are
    1) Headphone Jack?
    2) Curved Display?
    3) Water Resistance?
    4) Budget Model Coming?
    04-17-2017 11:30 AM
    nonsense.....I have been using SD Cards for years and have not had one issue with them.
    Just that they are supported by some Google products alone says it all.
    Performance is based on the card you buy. Then the average consumer with never see the difference between a card's R/W performance in today's products.
    Yet we have thousands of threads about various cards failing (granted, a lot of them skimped and got crappy ones) and we've got thousands more of people being confused about what they can put on the card and what they can't, how to do so, etc. The implementations vary so much by OEM that it's very difficult to stay on top of it.

The performance, stability and security issues are definitely real, and security is the most important reason they don't want them there. That said, they've been working for years to alleviate the security concerns, but in many cases those solutions are creating even more confusion for the end users.
    04-17-2017 11:31 AM
    I do agree with them. As long as i have enough internal storage for my needs, i don't mind not having a MicroSD card. Just don't be like Apple and provide 16GB internal storage and then allow 4K video recording lol

My current 4 questions marks are
    1) Headphone Jack?
    2) Curved Display?
    3) Water Resistance?
    4) Budget Model Coming?
    1) Hope so
    2) Hope not
    3) Yep, that's a thing
    4) Hope not
    Law2138 likes this.
    04-17-2017 11:31 AM
102 123 ...