Too soon for a Pixel 2 Waiting Room?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

Despite already owning 4 phones, WITH a 5th hopefully soon on the way, I DO plan to get the Pixel 2 (God Bless, Google Finance! lol) I will most likely sell the Moto Z Force when the Pixel 2 comes. Also the coming KEYone will probably only spend a few weeks with me before I pass it on to my Dad who is salivating for the thing! He tells me almost daily about problems (mostly invented) with his Priv! lol

Anyways who is on the Pixel 2 train with me? I have this feeling that version 2.0 is going to be what the Pixel should have been. AND the Pixel was great! (yea I had one of those too) If you only knew how many phones I have had in the last 10 years. Lets just say I could stock a Best Buy! So lets party on down to Pixeltown!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the Pixel.

Not that it's a bad phone, but I couldn't really feel on what Google was trying to achieve, especially since it seemed that the phone was done on a seriously tight schedule.

Hopefully, the mistakes on the first model will be corrected with the second one and then perhaps they'll make a eye-opener in the process. After all, in the tech world, the second iteration tends to be significantly better than the first.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a wait list to receive a phone from a popular oem this year. I'm more interested in it than anything else I've seen so far.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
All I have owned the past several years is Galaxy S and iPhone's.
This year it is going to be the Note 8 and the Pixel 2 XLツ

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I might do the same, but all I've not owned a Samsung phone since 2013, and it was a 2011 phone.
I think they are or will be the best of both worlds. On one hand you have Samsung that is very far from stock, a bit slow on updates, but so feature packed with a beautiful design. On the other you have Google which is pure stock, very fast with updates and smooth as you could possibly get. Both will cover just about everything you could want in a smartphone. They offer a most excellent user experience on both sides of the spectrum and are top notch devices.

I probably could have worded that a little better, but I think you get where I am coming from😁

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the Pixel phones at all. Too small for my tastes and the design was very bland. I'll only be aboard this train if the rumored third Pixel is larger than the XL. No way I'm downgrading in size from my Nexus 6. So hopefully this time around Google covers everyone's needs.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's never too early for a phone waiting room, no less a Pixel Waiting Room. :)

"Let's party on down to Pixeltown" LOOOOL that's the funniest and best thing I've read all day.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like the Pixel phones at all. Too small for my tastes and the design was very bland. I'll only be aboard this train if the rumored third Pixel is larger than the XL. No way I'm downgrading in size from my Nexus 6.
I couldn't agree more. But these stinkin' Taimen "leaks" are gonna make me nuts long before October rolls around. It's waaaay too early in the process for leaked images, yet someone's already posted an unusually clear front and back shot of what they claim is a pre-production Taimen.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...el-2-taimen-specifications-leak/#731fe9f07741

To me, that looks a lot like a Galaxy S8+ (cause it looks equally narrow) with front-firing speakers and a dual camera setup at the back. Seems too good to be true (and it probably isn't). But if it is true, I want it (stupid skinny display and all)!

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I love glass bodies but they scare me... I think I'm getting clumsier as I get older, which is bad for my phones. 🤣
I am used to handling glass bodies, it would not bother me at all. I definitely can understand where you're coming from thoughツ

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am used to handling glass bodies, it would not bother me at all. I definitely can understand where you're coming from thoughツ

Don't get me wrong, I love them! They are beautiful! My Honor 8 is glass! But I bang into walls while listening to music, for example, and so I feel that my clumsiness may one day result in a lethal injury to my phone. ;) What kind of phone are you using? :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love them! They are beautiful! My Honor 8 is glass! But I bang into walls while listening to music, for example, and so I feel that my clumsiness may one day result in a lethal injury to my phone. ;) What kind of phone are you using? :)

I like the Honor 8,very nice and underrated phone.

If you wouldn't rock so hard when you were listening to your music maybe you wouldn't bang into the walls so much😊

I have an S7 edge. I just ordered an S8+ and it will be here tomorrowツ

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the Honor 8,very nice and underrated phone.

If you wouldn't rock so hard when you were listening to your music maybe you wouldn't bang into the walls so much😊

I have an S7 edge. I just ordered an S8+ and it will be here tomorrowツ

I couldn't agree more! I got the white and I am really happy with it. :) It's underrated, for sure!

LOOL this is true! I just dance and run around like a weird person so banging into things seems to be inevitable. :p

That's amazing! Congratulations! What colour did you get?!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
The renderings in the Forbes article just don't look very good. If that's what it will look like, I prefer the current model. I most likely won't buy it regardless of what it looks like though. (I say that now, but I am weak for new tech...)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more! I got the white and I am really happy with it. :) It's underrated, for sure!

LOOL this is true! I just dance and run around like a weird person so banging into things seems to be inevitable.

That's amazing! Congratulations! What colour did you get?!
Thank you! I ordered Midnight Black. I like how the front, back and sides all blend in together. I have never been too much into colors and always get the sometimes not so flashy black model of whatever I am getting😊

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I ordered Midnight Black. I like how the front, back and sides all blend in together. I have never been too much into colors and always get the sometimes not so flashy black model of whatever I am getting😊

That's a really nice shade of black!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC