Daydream VR

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
From the email I got:

Hi there,
Thanks for being one of the first to order Pixel, a phone by Google. Because you made your purchase during the pre-order period, you're eligible to receive the new Daydream View virtual reality headset on us.
Within approximately four weeks of your phone shipping, you will receive a promo code via email which you can use to redeem your Daydream View on Google Store, as long as you didn't cancel your order or return your Pixel phone. Full terms of the promotion can be found below.*
Get ready to experience high-quality, immersive VR with your Pixel and Daydream View.
Sincerely,
The Google Store Team

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email.

I'll definitely take advantage of the freebie, but I'll be selling the VR headset when it arrives. Not my thing....

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hope we get that email soon

Same. I ordered 'last minute' this past Tuesday, so still was in the preorder period, but it's gone into "Processing" as of last night and no email received as of yet. Loving the fact that I'll get the device quickly, but really hoping I don't miss out on the VR.

I hope they have sufficient stock to honor all those orders placed during the preorder period. Given they surely knew how many Daydream headsets were budgeted for the promo, it would seem quite irresponsible to leave up the banner add offering it (even with the disclaimer) for days after they could easily know when they'd run through that amount (and I defy Google to try to say they weren't tracking preorder quantity on at minimum daily basis!)

vasilgroup

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Same. I ordered 'last minute' this past Tuesday, so still was in the preorder period, but it's gone into "Processing" as of last night and no email received as of yet. Loving the fact that I'll get the device quickly, but really hoping I don't miss out on the VR.

I hope they have sufficient stock to honor all those orders placed during the preorder period. Given they surely knew how many Daydream headsets were budgeted for the promo, it would seem quite irresponsible to leave up the banner add offering it (even with the disclaimer) for days after they could easily know when they'd run through that amount (and I defy Google to try to say they weren't tracking preorder quantity on at minimum daily basis!)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
They should have pre-bundled the VR with the phones.

Should have benefited the customers and created a goodwill for the Pixel brand

Can't disagree with you there, but most likely the VR wasn't anticipated to be fully retail production ready, or not in sufficient quantity, to match the launch date of the Pixels. Better to offer its delivery later than to postpone the phone!

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm genuinely curious to see if I could watch an entire movie with this thing on my head without ripping it off and just watching it on the tv.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think this was to to no ship to those that returned the phone because they were only interested in giving it a look / see. I bet the Daydream ships after the return policy is done.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think this was to to no ship to those that returned the phone because they were only interested in giving it a look / see. I bet the Daydream ships after the return policy is done.

Pretty likely. Returned phones (assuming they're not defective) can be easily repurposed without real loss of value to Google as they will need a supply to use as replacement stock for warranty, insurance, etc. Not so much for the Daydream VR sets - returns on those would have them taking a direct hit in effective value.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Daydream VR since I also have the Pixel ordered. Both ordered directly from Google. Both set to ship middle of next month. Looks much more comfortable then the Gear VR.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So anyone got the promo code to order the VR? Anyone know when to expect the codes for those who preordered?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So anyone got the promo code to order the VR? Anyone know when to expect the codes for those who preordered?

As posted above, and providing you preordered before launch date and the 'limited quantities' were still available, "Within approximately four weeks of your phone shipping, you will receive a promo code via email which you can use to redeem your Daydream View on Google Store, as long as you didn't cancel your order or return your Pixel phone."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress