Google Pixel Car Holder

Shaun Harrison

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

I've found that with the power and volume buttons being half way down the phone my current in car holder is no good as the buttons get pressed.

Have anyone here found a solution as so far i'm yet to get one that holds the phone in place. I would prefer not to have to use a magnetic one as you'd have to have the strip on the back of the phone (Currently have a clear case as I quite like the back of the phone) but if needs be I would get a different case)

The one's I've currently tried are as follows;

Olixar Dash Genie v2 Universal In-Car Dashboard and Windscreen Holder

Worked okay for a week, then the red circle that sticks the phone to the holder came away from the holder when i removed my phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5598345

Phone did not feel secure in the holder as moved around a lot when trialed in house, didn't trust it enough to use in car while driving

If anyone has any proper solutions that don't cost an arm and a leg please post :)

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using RAM X fur a couple years in my car and on the motorcycle. Little pricey, but they last forever and can be used fur multiple devices.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. I just rest the phone slightly higher and then grip it. I have the iOttie One touch 2 car holder.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a rather unorthodox phone mounting solution, but one that works extremely well. I grabbed one of these mounts that is designed for use on a Bicycle and mounted it to my e-brake handle. Of course making sure I can still easily actuate the e-brake lever. The design of this mount grips the phone fairly well and the clamp's jaws straddle the power and volume buttons nicely.

I originally bought this for use on my bicycle but for that purpose I never really trusted it so it ended up going into the junk drawer. Until one day when I needed an imprompteau solution for a phone mount for a road trip, and I came up with this. Long story short It worked so well I just kept it there. For what its worth I have also used this mount to hold the phone right below my rear view mirror with the mount clamped to the mirror stalk, and that worked really well also. Although in that position the bottom of the mirror blocked the top 1/4 or so of screen and the wires hanging down were annoying so I stuck with the e-brake mount.

Clamp.jpg

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Bit of a coincidence, I ordered that mount the day after you posted it (without having seen your post). Due in tomorrow, will post my thoughts when it's in.

Update now that I have it and am using it (note - with the XL, not the regular Pixel), putting one of the metal tabs behind the phone (not bothering with the adhesive) using it in a Spigen Rugged Armor. Can't feel any difference with the tab in place - doesn't make the phone wobble on it's back or bow out any of the edges.

The magnet is plenty strong enough to securely hold the phone in place in portrait or landscape even driving over a cobblestone street, but not so strong that it makes it at all difficult to remove the phone from the mount. The mount itself is very compact, and takes all of about 2 seconds to install/uninstall, and the bearing can be pivoted to orient the phone where it (so far) is holding it's orientation.

Right now this is getting a 10/10 rating from me, and I'm hoping that my worry about the ball loosening over time (there doesn't appear to be a way to tighten/loosen it should that happen) will prove unwarranted. Best mount I've used, to date.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12