Your favorite case?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Haven't found one. Got the Ringke Fusion, Nilkin hard shell and the spigen rugged Armour. Didn't like either one of those. Ringke got yellow. Nilkin feels cheap. Spigen is too bulky and feels crowded at the back with that design.

Using the Pixel with a glass protector in the front and a simple film protector for the glass back without a case. Enjoying it very much. But I was curious what solutions have others found to the problem that is Pixel protection. I would love to have a case on but haven't found anything I like.

Your favourite case and why?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I have and like the Incipio Dual Pro. It is a good compromise between protection and minimal added thickness.

I am also thinking of buying a UAG case. I have one on my Surface Pro, and like that a lot too. I also like that they are clear so it lets the phone show through (which is less important for me because I have the black phone anyway, but for a silver or blue phone would be really nice).

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Forever and always the genuine leather wallet flip cover cases I get them on Amazon for $10 a piece. I don't mess with these other cases that you buy in the phone store for 30 or 40 bucks that don't really do anything. I love having my wallet in my phone together especially since I have a Note 4.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have and like the Incipio Dual Pro. It is a good compromise between protection and minimal added thickness.

I am also thinking of buying a UAG case. I have one on my Surface Pro, and like that a lot too. I also like that they are clear so it lets the phone show through (which is less important for me because I have the black phone anyway, but for a silver or blue phone would be really nice).

I think the UAG case will add a lot of bulk to your phone. I had it for my S7 edge. The Pixel is thicker than the S7 so I'm assuming it will be worse. Not that the S7 edge one was bad.

You get it and then let me know :p

And also, I think the black one looks best with a clear case. And otherwise too. Sure the white and blue are a little edgier but I like the black color best. Especially with that grayish tone on the front. Some people don't like it but I really do.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Haven't found one. Got the Ringke Fusion, Nilkin hard shell and the spigen rugged Armour. Didn't like either one of those. Ringke got yellow. Nilkin feels cheap. Spigen is too bulky and feels crowded at the back with that design.

Using the Pixel with a glass protector in the front and a simple film protector for the glass back without a case. Enjoying it very much. But I was curious what solutions have others found to the problem that is Pixel protection. I would love to have a case on but haven't found anything I like.

Your favourite case and why?
The official Google silicone case is my favorite so far! Get such good grip with it, just wish there were better color choices.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The official Google silicone case is my favorite so far! Get such good grip with it, just wish there were better color choices.

Oh I want that so badly. But unfortunately they don't sell them here where I live. I saw in video that it has some raising up issues where it meets the power button. I hope you got a good unit!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh I want that so badly. But unfortunately they don't sell them here where I live. I saw in video that it has some raising up issues where it meets the power button. I hope you got a good unit!
I saw that video too! And I don't have that issue. It's an awesome case

wareagle995

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the Spigen Rugged Armor. Works for me. I usually use the Slim Armor but for some reason it was much more expensive than usual on Amazon. :confused:

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my Spigen Liquid Crystal. Simple, slim case, that shows off the design of the phone while giving enough protection for my use.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Here's my spigen liquid crystal, still looking pretty clear. It's been on my phone since the beginning of December. I'm pretty happy with the case and really like that it shows the phone off rather than itself.

Attachments

• 4267.jpg
    4267.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 120

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Here's my spigen liquid crystal, still looking pretty clear. It's been on my phone since the beginning of December. I'm pretty happy with the case and really like that it shows the phone off rather than itself.

Yes man it looks beautiful still. No tint of yellow at all! I too have a clear case on. I didn't spend more than $3 because I knew it would get yellow. Needless to say, it's only been a week and it's yellow. Maybe the more expensive ones don't get yellow in a week.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes man it looks beautiful still. No tint of yellow at all! I too have a clear case on. I didn't spend more than $3 because I knew it would get yellow. Needless to say, it's only been a week and it's yellow. Maybe the more expensive ones don't get yellow in a week.

Where did you get yours from? Mine was from Amazon. The price was $10. Perhaps you got a second hand case or some knock off if you used eBay or a non-official vendor? Just looking at my case, I can imagine it may turn yellow with time, but it will probably take a long time if it does.

Edit- I see you just have a clear case, not necessarily the spigen. I would expect a $3 case to not be the best quality. $10 is still pretty cheap, and you're using it to protect a $700 phone, so I'd say spend a few more dollars and buy from a company you've heard of.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get yours from? Mine was from Amazon. The price was $10. Perhaps you got a second hand case or some knock off if you used eBay or a non-official vendor? Just looking at my case, I can imagine it may turn yellow with time, but it will probably take a long time if it does.

Edit- I see you just have a clear case, not necessarily the spigen. I would expect a $3 case to not be the best quality. $10 is still pretty cheap, and you're using it to protect a $700 phone, so I'd say spend a few more dollars and buy from a company you've heard of.

Yes mine is branded too. It's Nilkin Nature clear case. But you're right. I could spend some more and get a better case. But I still don't like the idea of it becoming useless after a month. But I'll see what I can do. I've been trying to find a clear case with gray tint. Darker clear cases. No luck till now but hopefully I'll find one.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
For my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Moto X I enjoyed the Otterbox Commuter case. Always hated the Defender cases because they were too bulky and became stretched out and gross looking over time. Being that I followed up with the Nexus 6 & 6P I had to go with clear Spigen cases to protect my phone. Towards my run with my Nexus 6P I, regrettably purchased a Live Case. I was so happy seeing that the Commuter case was available for the Pixel XL when I recently purchased it. I'm happy with it. It definitely adds to the thickness of the phone but it's not bad and I feel safe with it on my phone. I highly recommend it if you're looking for protection and don't mind just a little bulk.

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my pixel XL 128 from vz a few days ago. Got the tech 21 Evo case from Best buy the same day. Figured I'd get one off Amazon since I have prime and return this one. Haven't found a decent folio or a decent case. Any suggestions preferably under 20 bucks?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been happy with the Caseology - Parallax case for the past 10 months good grip and I don't feel it adds too much bulk to the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2