New renders are out.

Burnsj90

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
To be honest I love the design, It's unique and eye catching. If this is what they are gonna look like I'm all for it. Especially with the rumored electric blue.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Second verse, same as the first, to me. I still don't see anything to get excited about. And if the larger of the two doesn't fare at least as well with reviewers this year as the 6P did last year, I'm going to be happy to sit this year out.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't get me going like the old Moto X and its customization options, but it's a tidy-looking phone. The back black panel is an interesting contrast to the rest in colors other than black/grey. Curious to see how Marlin compares. Will it just be a larger Sailfish, or something new?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't get me going like the old Moto X and its customization options, but it's a tidy-looking phone. The back black panel is an interesting contrast to the rest in colors other than black/grey. Curious to see how Marlin compares. Will it just be a larger Sailfish, or something new?
I'm fascinated by its simplicity, but then there's the back of the device. It threw me off a little at first but now I love it. IMO, it's not too "Iphoney" to be a turnoff. To me, it seems like a Google influenced HTC phone, which is exactly what it is.

If all of this holds true of course.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll reserve judgement for the designs until we get something official. It's HTC so I know I won't be disappointed in its design.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Design wise I hope they keep uniform colour, specs alright. but overall im disappointed.

1. Battery is too small, OEMs are too stupid to realize how important battery life is. For the 5 inch model it should be 3500 mah
2. For the bigger sibling perhaps a 4000 mah.
3. No Boomsound speakers ughh...

deuceja

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
sailfish so far isn't what I'm looking for i go off of the screen size before anything. Looking at a device and dm having to state at it doesn't fit my well. N

VitaminA

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Again where the heck is marlin?

For real! Why are we being teased with the Sailfish every time? I guess I understand wanting to keep the mystery around the better model, but that could backfire. It's not like car companies show their base model at car shows or on website reviews...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user