This doesn't bode well for the radios in the new Pixel phones Or does it?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just ran across this article on the Nexus subreddit. If I'm reading it correctly, the two new Nexus phones may not be as good at grabbing and holding on to an LTE signal as the Nexus 6, 5X or 6P. Anyone with RF savvy want to correct this impression?

The RF evolution/revolution of the HTC 2016 Nexus - S4GRU Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

My old HTC M8 never seemed to have a problem with LTE or WiFi, so it won't take much to convince me that I'm misreading the data in the article.

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: This doesn't bode well for the radios in the new Nexus phones Or does it?

Assuming all of those figures are accurate it appears the new nexus phones have slightly less maximum uplink power than the current nexus phones. It shouldn't be an issue because the new nexus numbers are very similar to the HTC10 which doesn't have any significant signal strength issues (that I have read about).

This is most likely just the fact that different manufacturers use different suppliers for their LTE chips. Whether for cost or for preference I'm not entirely sure.

Either way the only way this type of thing would affect you is if you live an extreme distance from any cell towers, since of course you need to use more power to connect at a greater distance.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I just think it's people nitpicking, the phones isn't released yet and HTC really doesn't have signal issues.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If the radios didn't work well carriers would not be supporting them. They test these things pretty rigourously before selling a device.

I'm pretty sure this is not an issue in the slightest.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

If the radios didn't work well carriers would not be supporting them. They test these things pretty rigourously before selling a device.

I'm pretty sure this is not an issue in the slightest.

Well ATT didn't sell the htc 10 at all and T-Mobile stopped selling it after 2 months.