pixel as a worthy upgrade from a 5x?

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Based on the available and new information, do you believe the new pixel phone will be a good upgrade from a 5x standpoint.

We're still in the leaked rumors phase. I don't think any of here can answer that question.

Officially, we've seen an ad with nice pictures, a wallpaper website and a leaked Pixel launcher that may function differently on a Pixel. At this point, I cannot definitively say it is better than the 5x. I sure hope to God that it is not "worse".

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Anything is an upgrade over the 5X.. Have it and hate it! I am back using my Nexus 5 until the Pixel is released and yes, I think the Pixel will be well worth it regardless of what the haters say..

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping the smaller pixel will be just the right amount smaller than the 5x. I tried and don't like large phones and this 5x is still a smidge too large for me

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the smaller pixel will be just the right amount smaller than the 5x. I tried and don't like large phones and this 5x is still a smidge too large for me

Me too. I have the HTC One M8 and I´ve been thiking about upgrading but I also hate big phones. They are not ergonomic to use safely with one hand...and I have big hands.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I have the HTC One M8 and I´ve been thiking about upgrading but I also hate big phones. They are not ergonomic to use safely with one hand...and I have big hands.

Yeah I used to be a 5.5-6.0 inch fan. Now I'm looking for a smaller device. I'm currently using an s7 edge and I find that my thumb actually gets sore from having to stretch it to reach the home and back buttons. The 4.7 inch moto x 1st gen was a dream to use one handed, I miss that.

jra716

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The 5X was a let down in terms of performance for me but I'll hang onto it until next year at least. Most people prefer AMOLED it seems but I don't like seeing screen burn-in so I try and avoid it. If this was at a comparable price though, I might consider the upgrade.

fklein68

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Specs look great - disappointed that its smaller than my 5X. Same size or slightly larger screen with smaller bezels would have been my preference. I tried the 6P for a while but found it just too large to fit in jean pockets.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup . big upgrade for big bucks. Google is charging $120 just to go from 5" fhd to 5.5" QHD and a 25% battery increase . Even the iPhone gives you a lot more bang for the same $120 increase

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20