How fast do you think this will sell out?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If Google's serious about building itself out as a hardware brand, it'll have stock. Plus let's remember HTC is actually making these things, and likely helping with distribution too. They've been shipping phones for a long time.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If Google's serious about building itself out as a hardware brand, it'll have stock. Plus let's remember HTC is actually making these things, and likely helping with distribution too. They've been shipping phones for a long time.

HTC's distribution (Digital River) leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully they aren't involved with shipping directly to consumers. Maybe they just ship to Google when Google requests them. Anything else and I would have a hard time expecting HTC's distribution company being reliable.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
HTC's distribution (Digital River) leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully they aren't involved with shipping directly to consumers. Maybe they just ship to Google when Google requests them. Anything else and I would have a hard time expecting HTC's distribution company being reliable.

You are so right. Digital River is terrible.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I am hoping that it is Google shipping these devices directly and not Digital River....

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully Google is fulfilling orders. I've gotten a few things from the Google Store and they seem to have a pretty quick turnaround with no issues.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
1. Google loyalists and die-hard techies have already made the decision to buy on day one, regardless of leaked information, rumors, and price.

I dunno... I bought the Nexus One, 4, 5, 6 and 6p all at launch... if the current rumored pricing is accurate I will be sitting this out... At least initially.. They release the Pixel XL under $600 off contract I'll probably upgrade. $700+ and no thanks.. I'll wait and see if they discount it down some around Black Friday or Christmas. I am still happy with my 6p and it'll be the first time in years I've kept a phone longer than a year.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I dunno... I bought the Nexus One, 4, 5, 6 and 6p all at launch... if the current rumored pricing is accurate I will be sitting this out... At least initially.. They release the Pixel XL under $600 off contract I'll probably upgrade. $700+ and no thanks.. I'll wait and see if they discount it down some around Black Friday or Christmas. I am still happy with my 6p and it'll be the first time in years I've kept a phone longer than a year.

Totally agree.

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
If the phone is still delayed or shipping pre-orders, there will not be discounts. Look at the 6P last year, they did not discount it but they did discount the 5X.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a Nexus.
We need to stop setting our expectations based on what we've experienced with the Nexus line. Google seems to want to handle this completely differently than they did with the Nexuses. I would be extremely surprised if they sold out.
Are you surprised? Lol

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little late to this thread, but during the keynote I kept refreshing the Play store. Maybe 3 minutes passed from the last refresh to when the Pixel showed up. In those 3 minutes every XL sold out. Couldn't find one. WTF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC