Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I just got the dreaded 3/10 email for my 128GB QB XL, order placed on 11/25.

We'll see.

Update:

My CC has been charged, and I received the shipping notice e-mail and Fedex tracker this evening 1/20. Estimated delivery Monday 1/23. Only two months after my Black Friday order date.

I suppose I should be grateful it's not 3/10, but I'm still irritated I didn't get it during the holiday season.

So far the 32GB QB Pixel has been fine, once I figured out it's quirks. I hope the XL is as good.:)

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Could it be that HTC just are not making that many because they have their own new phones to put out? Then again it could just be that google underestimated demand.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Could it be that HTC just are not making that many because they have their own new phones to put out? Then again it could just be that google underestimated demand.
I think it is a lot of both. I think HTC has their own phones to make and Google underestimated the demand and what they contracted HTC to make.

JWillJk

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Credit Card was charge two days ago and phones were shipped same day (Sat Jan 21st)
FedEx says left Memphis TN and should arrive by tomorrow Jan 24th by 8PM

I too am happy its not March 10th. . . relieved really - I had resigned to waiting.
Let you know if and when it arrives.
Do want to express how much I appreciate this thread/forum I feel like checking in here is like calling my sponsor;)
Thanks!
I suppose the charge is still half full!

Megan Riffey

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on 12/18 and was provided a ship date of 1/20. 1/20 just came, and I spoke to Verizon via chat and they stated 1/28 was the new ship date for me. I received an email on Saturday stating it was 2/14/2017. I chatted again with Verizon last night, and they stated they show 2/28/2017 now. I complained and they said they expedited my order and gave me a reference number for it. They stated it would ship the first week of February and guaranteed it.

We'll see what happens. I'm on my fourth Note 4 and am having problems now with this device, I need my new phone!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this is very possible. I have been waiting on mine for a month. My boss went into a local store last week, ordered one Saturday and received it Tuesday. Verizon is screwing up the order/delivery sequence.
Wait are we talking about he Pixel XL or the regular Pixel? The regular......Well maybe...The XL......Well that's hard to believe.

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Wait are we talking about he Pixel XL or the regular Pixel? The regular......Well maybe...The XL......Well that's hard to believe.

XL. I'm not saying it's right, but it happened. This is clearly Verizon messing up the orders, I'm sure someone is waiting on their XL to arrive and it was shipped to the wrong person. Don't have to believe me, but what is the point of me taking the time to post a frivolous lie to a stranger, lol. I can tell ya this, I still have a month before my scheduled ship date and my boss is really rubbing it in my face (jokingly) since I recommended the phone to him.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
XL. I'm not saying it's right, but it happened. This is clearly Verizon messing up the orders, I'm sure someone is waiting on their XL to arrive and it was shipped to the wrong person. Don't have to believe me, but what is the point of me taking the time to post a frivolous lie to a stranger, lol. I can tell ya this, I still have a month before my scheduled ship date and my boss is really rubbing it in my face (jokingly) since I recommended the phone to him.
Not calling you a liar.....Just saying it's hard to believe that was the XL. That someone could walk into a store order and get an XL a couple days later. When the shipping delays being about 4 months for some.
I think you can see why some find it hard to believe.

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Not calling you a liar.....Just saying it's hard to believe that was the XL. That someone could walk into a store order and get an XL a couple days later. When the shipping delays being about 4 months for some.
I think you can see why some find it hard to believe.
No doubt! I told him I wouldn't believe it until I saw it....played with it the day he got it, dang I was jealous.

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Update:

My CC has been charged, and I received the shipping notice e-mail and Fedex tracker this evening 1/20. Estimated delivery Monday 1/23. Only two months after my Black Friday order date.

I suppose I should be grateful it's not 3/10, but I'm still irritated I didn't get it during the holiday season.

So far the 32GB QB Pixel has been fine, once I figured out it's quirks. I hope the XL is as good.:)

Received and activated 1/24. Only 2 months from the order date of 11/25.

I'm liking the XL display, but it doesn't fit into the hand as nicely as the Pixel. One handed operation is a stretch for the thumb. Still, I think it's a keeper.

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Got a text for the order i placed on 11/30 saying they received it yesterday, but i have charges for the order on my card so shipping info should not be far behind Silver XL 128

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 12/25 and still showing 2/10 expected ship date. It's said that for a while now, but I'm expecting at any moment to get the dreaded "your order has been further delayed" to March email.

JWillJk

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Credit Card was charge two days ago and phones were shipped same day (Sat Jan 21st)
FedEx says left Memphis TN and should arrive by tomorrow Jan 24th by 8PM

I too am happy its not March 10th. . . relieved really - I had resigned to waiting.
Let you know if and when it arrives.
Do want to express how much I appreciate this thread/forum I feel like checking in here is like calling my sponsor;)
Thanks!
I suppose the charge is still half full!

The phones arrived yesterday morning. I'm up and running and so far, after just a day of use, I'm extremely happy. Once again thanks for providing rich and timely insight into the struggle of obtaining THE GOOGLE PIXEL XL 128G of any color. This was most helpful!

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The phones arrived yesterday morning. I'm up and running and so far, after just a day of use, I'm extremely happy. Once again thanks for providing rich and timely insight into the struggle of obtaining THE GOOGLE PIXEL XL 128G of any color. This was most helpful!

When did you order?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How long does the order typically stay in "Processing" when purchased from Google? Mine has been there for 3-4 days so far.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech