Pixel XL to work on Sprint?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope so but was wondering y'all's input. I have amazing Sprint service in Miami and would def like tho rock this phone. Obviously it works on project Fi but as time passes by, we'll know more and more. For now, what are your thoughts of it working on Sprint???

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Of course it works on Sprint. If it works on Fi it has to work on Sprint.

The problem with CDMA carriers is that the carrier has to add the phone's serial number to their database (i.e. activate it) in order for it to be properly supported. Not sure how Sprint will handle this, but the phone is certainly compatible.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. More than the common sense of technology and bands that it supports Sprint, there's still no official confirmation tho, correct?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. More than the common sense of technology and bands that it supports Sprint, there's still no official confirmation tho, correct?

I doubt Sprint will say much since they aren't selling the phone. Looking at the bands and seeing it also Fi shows it will work on Sprint unless they do something crazy and block them for some strange reason.

The only thing I am seeing for it not working with Sprint on is the WiFi calling (Pixel and Pixel XL will support T-Mobile and Verizon WiFi calling).

Damu357

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I hope so but was wondering y'all's input. I have amazing Sprint service in Miami and would def like tho rock this phone. Obviously it works on project Fi but as time passes by, we'll know more and more. For now, what are your thoughts of it working on Sprint???
Most likely it won't since it's a Verizon exclusive CDMA/lte, and is only unlocked for Att, Fi, and tmobile

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Most likely it won't since it's a Verizon exclusive CDMA/lte, and is only unlocked for Att, Fi, and tmobile
Huh? Verizon exclusive what?

It's only being sold by Verizon. Thats the exclusive.. It's the only carrier selling it. The phone still has all the bands for Sprint and the other carriers. It's still the same phone.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am a Product Ambassador for Sprint and can confirm that we are an activation partner for Pixel. Unlocked Pixel devices will work on the Sprint network with a Sprint SIM.

•UICC SKU / UPC Code
◦CZ2144LWC / 019962040146
•Retail SIM Kit Capable
◦760492034500

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I ordered an unlocked one last night says will work on all major carriers in the US. I bought the unlocked one cause I can't stand the fact that Verizon has the bootloader locked.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It is up to Google what carrier services are surfaced and this case they did not include Sprint Wi-Fi calling, or other carrier Wi-Fi calling for that matter.

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I looked into this with our Product team and the Wi-Fi calling "support" that VZ and T-Mobile are claiming are most likely tied to voLTE than anything else. Ultimately Google does not support IMS on Pixel which would have enabled Android native Wi-Fi calling on our network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair