What's the unique feature?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The features do not justify the high price, in my humble opinion. If it cost 500 bucks I would consider the Pixel.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
but what flagship device cost $500? I believe none of them should be as expensive as they are but ppl buy them so the price remains high

Part of the problem (and it's a good problem to have for many) is devices like the OnePlus and Axon coming in at $400 bucks! Now I would not buy one for the simple reason of they ALL lack timely security updates but for some people price trumps all... $400 can get you a killer smartphone these days with top notch specs.

If someone does not care about updates and timely security patches then devices like those might be the way to go...

Me? Instant pass! I'll keep my Pixel order and rock it once it arrives into my grubby paws.. :D

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Part of the problem (and it's a good problem to have for many) is devices like the OnePlus and Axon coming in at $400 bucks! Now I would not buy one for the simple reason of they ALL lack timely security updates but for some people price trumps all... $400 can get you a killer smartphone these days with top notch specs.

If someone does not care about updates and timely security patches then devices like those might be the way to go...

Me? Instant pass! I'll keep my Pixel order and rock it once it arrives into my grubby paws.. :D

The thing is those phones aren't gonna sell big here bc no one knows about them... if it wasn't for me coming to sites like AC, CNET, etc I wouldn't even know they exist and even knowing about them i'm not that interested in them even tho they look like decent phones...

Until they have a presence in stores they won't make it in the USA... no matter the marketing. You are right tho some ppl buy strictly on price and I honestly believe that if these phones were in stores they would sell out

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The thing is those phones aren't gonna sell big here bc no one knows about them... if it wasn't for me coming to sites like AC, CNET, etc I wouldn't even know they exist and even knowing about them i'm not that interested in them even tho they look like decent phones...

Until they have a presence in stores they won't make it in the USA... no matter the marketing. You are right tho some ppl buy strictly on price and I honestly believe that if these phones were in stores they would sell out

Yeah phones like the axon and OnePlus are not very well known at all outside of tech sites. I did see ads for the Pixel featured in snapchat. I've had non tech friends mention the Pixel to me already.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah phones like the axon and OnePlus are not very well known at all outside of tech sites. I did see ads for the Pixel featured in snapchat. I've had non tech friends mention the Pixel to me already.

I honestly think the pixel would've sold extremely well with all this fiasco going on with the note 7 right now BUT it's only gonna be available for store purchase at verizon stores...

The word of mouth and advertisement online for the pixel has been decent and noticed so far... it was even a major trending topic on facebook, twitter, and snapchat... the thing is ppl will know about it and will probably go to their carrier stores to ask about it and once they see it's not there will go for whatever the sales rep tell them to get which most of the time is gonna be an iphone or some samsung device

Last edited:

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think the pixel would've sold extremely well with all this fiasco going on with the note 7 right now BUT it's only gonna be available for store purchase at verizon stores...

The word of mouth and advertisement online for the pixel has been decent and noticed so far... it was even a major trending topic on facebook, twitter, and snapchat... the thing is ppl will no about it and will probably go to their carrier stores to ask about it and once they see it's not there will go for whatever the sales rep tell them to get which most of the time is gonna be an iphone or some samsung device

Very true. They really need to get it out for sale on all carriers.