The one negative that I am unhappy about...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
"Crisp sound quality with single bottom-firing speaker" — they even BOLD it for Christ's sake. Name it as a feature, a positive, and even bold the damn thing...like they're proud that they're releasing not only a single speaker, but also a bottom-firing speaker, it the end of 2016. Wow.

Having my Nexus 6P, I just can't get over it. :'/ That really blows. It's hard to go back to a single, bottom-firing speaker.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I admit, it is the one reason that I might decide to not keep it once it arrives and I have played with it a bit.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that isone of the major drawbacks for me, too. I have had the Nexus 10, the 6, and the 6p, and I really can't imagine going backwards from stereo to mono.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I still want the phone xD haha
I just wish it had dual (or even one?) front-facing speaker, especially with the enormous bezels on this thing.
But if I had the current funds, I'd be ordering one right now.
Instead, I'm going for the cheaper fun: Daydream and perhaps Google Home.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Meh ... I admit that I haven't had a phone with dual front facing speakers, but I hardly ever listen to my phone's speaker anyway. I don't think it's a deal breaker.

willo99

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I've never had dual speakers before, but I don't like how they're going backwards here. Now even the iPhone has stereo sound, which the pixel is supposed to compete with.

willo99

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I've never had dual speakers, but I don't like how they're taking a step backwards. Now even the iPhone has stereo sound, which the pixel is supposed to compete with.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Once you've had a dual speaker set up it is hard to settle for less. Not a deal breaker if the rest of the goodness offsets this lacking feature. Personally I find earbuds annoying as hell. Not everybody's a fan. Nice to have some tunes to listen to when working out in the garage.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have an HTC 10 with "stereo speakers", that only work with media. When you make a call, the sound only comes out of the bottom speaker. Still a great phone.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Stereo sound on a smartphone speaker is useless.

I dont care if its 1 speaker, 2 speakers or 10

I don't care if its bottom firing, up firing, diagonal firing, or zig zags through the body of the phone and out the corner..

AS long as its clear and gets decently loud is all that matters. I seriously find it comical when people review cell phone speakers. I personally think the speakers on the Nexus 6P sucks, but ill attribute that to having a very exspensive home theater system that I listen to music through a lot, call me a snob I guess.

I use my phone to listen to media and music all the time belive it or not, I just dont expect it to ever sound good so I go into it knowing that. As long as I can clearly hear whats being said or sung, thats all that should matter. I'm not trying to DJ a house party with the damn thing on its own.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I played with my buddies M8. Meh. Its convenient to have them but not a deal breaker by any stretch for me. Maybe if I was glued to the phone all the time watching media it might. But in my office its headphones required.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I personally think the speakers on the Nexus 6P suck

Agreed... and stereo that near field is pointless (if you understand how stereo works). A single, larger speaker with more baffling will be more effective. And if you're holding it, the bottom firing design is augmented by your hand working as an acoustical horn/lens which will enhance bass response.

Until we hear it, we won't know how it sounds.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Agreed... and stereo that near field is pointless (if you understand how stereo works). A single, larger speaker with more baffling will be more effective. And if you're holding it, the bottom firing design is augmented by your hand working as an acoustical horn/lens which will enhance bass response.

Until we hear it, we won't know how it sounds.

but stereo in a world of mono means premium!!!!!!!

mop26921

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree that stereo sound means little with such small speaker separation but there's value in having two mono front facing speakers instead of just a bottom firing one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney