Is its design a apple copy ?

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It is hard to tell who is copying who at this point, but I like the design regardless! And that blue color looks very cool.

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Google dared to make the camera lens flush with the body instead of letting it stick out. So it's already a superior upgrade to whatever Apple's been cranking out.

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I wander what made them put the speakers in the bottom of the phone like that..? I'm a huge fan of my front facing speakers on my 6p and wish very badly they would have done the same on the pixels!

uchuujin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
At this point, all phones are bland rectangular slabs, and are getting blander with every iteration.

I'm kind of boggled by how mediocre the Pixel's design looks to me compared to the 6P, tho. I suppose I need to see one in person to get it, so I'll hold back on judgment.

RafiAnsari

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Smartphones just look so similar and it's really really difficult for the manufacturers to differentiate the smartphone. They all are just like a solid slabs.

Lucidio Bracho

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Is it Google the new Apple?

Too many coincidences... Similar slogan, similar design, similar rules on app design... The thing most anoy me: it seems its closing his ecosystem...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is it Google the new Apple?

Too many coincidences... Similar slogan, similar design, similar rules on app design... The thing most anoy me: it seems its closing his ecosystem...

How is Google closing the ecosystem?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

Google is Google. I imagine this has always been the plan for the Android platform, they just had a different business model than Apple.

They made Android freely available for manufacturers to use so that Android could rip customers away from Apple and build recognition. Now, Google is going to try and swoop in, offer a great hardware/software experience to consumers, leverage the Google brand and hopefully make some actual money from the Android seeds it started to plant 8 years ago.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

the funny thing is ppl want google to go the apple route (i.e iMessage) but when they show any sign that they might try it ppl jump down their throat complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699