Google Pixel design

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
why the glass patch on the back

So, I am trying to figure out what they were trying to accomplish with the glass patch around the camera and finger imprint sensor on the top 1/3 of the back? I appears to be for show, and has no functional purpose. Right?

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: why the glass patch on the back

My guess is as good as yours, but I think it is probably just for looks. And honestly, I don't think it looks bad. Maybe on the silver one it doesn't look the best, but it looks pretty good on the black and the blue.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Forget the nfc, antenna and signal strength they want to make us believe is improved. They just put it there because they're clueless. So, are they trying to say that they're not a thousand and one full metal phones out there who have the best reception without the glass?
As if reception/nfc connection was ever a problem or as if the glass backed phones have had the best reception/nfc connection. Clueless and tasteless set of people tbh

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Look of pixel phones

Welcome to the forums.

I think the look is ok. Not unique like an M7/M8...but I don't hate it either.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So, anyone else think that this phone looks Ugly?

The glossy plastic back makes zero sense to me. Its like they finished it all in one tone, then realized it's an iPhone clone and added the back. There is no way I'd shell out 650$+ for a phone I'd be embarrassed to carry around all day.

ShadowFury15

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
It's great, that Google Symbol in the back is soo awesome looking (in my opinion, even thought it's just a small symbol)
It's fingerprint sensor location is good.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think it looks fine. The 1/2 glass back doesn't take anything away from the look and makes it distinctive.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind the look. It is different.... if it was all aluminum or glass... it would just look like any other big slab on the market. Change is good, although most people tend to not like that, I being one.... but it is growing on me.

TheCrazyStupidGamer

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
To be frank, yeah. It does kinda look like an iPhone. But there's almost no phone that hasn't adopted the look or some kind of design thingy of iPhone. Plus we all love how an iPhone looks. So all cool

Murali14

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

It is mainly for better/boost reception(cell network). It's similar to iPod touch antenna bands.

ipod_touch_7g_black.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2