'shock' will wear off

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I think many Google and Android fans, especially fans of the Nexus line were shocked yesterday, mostly at the price even though the rumors were leaning towards these prices. Give it some time ladies and gents and the Pixel prices may drop a little around the holidays. If they do not drop or it does drop and its still too high, you will not care as much in a few months. I think the 2017 Pixel line will be better than this and you will be very glad that you waited, if you do. I think the Pixel will be very good to us like the Nexus was, but if you want 'premium' you will just have to accept the fact that you will pay. Pay and play or move on and do not let it consume you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was honestly kind of surprised there wasn't an incentive to open up a Fi line with a discount on the phone.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm more so upset with the Verizon carrier exclusive. I know I can get it unlocked from the Play Store. But it'll either have to pay $650 upfront or get approved for financing through Google. I'm already financing with T-Mobile. I just don't understand the Verizon exclusivity.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
If the 6P didn't exist, I'd be interested in these phones. But I will wait until next year to see what version 2 looks like, and how Google might adapt based on what they learn from their first effort.

Can't help wondering how things might go if Google's expectations are not met from these devices. They're putting themselves smack in the middle of Apple and Sammy, and it is not clear if they will be able to attract lots of new customers from that crowd. I know if I was a fan of either of those brands, I would not be compelled to make either of the Pixels my new phone.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was honestly kind of surprised there wasn't an incentive to open up a Fi line with a discount on the phone.
I know, me too. The Nexus 5X got a lovely discount; these Pixel Phones should have been discounted for Fi users, so that more people would consider joining, therefore gaining more traction, which would pay off the discount in no time. It would have also made it easier on the wallet, and help with the savings Fi provides.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
But how well did the Motorola Nexus 6 sell at full price?

I don't think Google is necessarily looking for this first Pixel to sell extremely well for them to consider it successful.

I believe for them this new direction is about the long term game plan. Getting in with one big carrier where they still have most of the control of the software is one focus.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I still think they should have pushed for these phones to be released on all carriers. My employer covers my bill, as well as 1/2 of the device payments, so long as I purchase the device from Sprint.

OH well.