No OIS and Will Unlocked Model work with AT&T?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The lack of OIS for the camera is troubling to me given the high price of these phones. Does Google have a trick up their sleeves to back up their claim of having the Best camera (on a phone)?

Also, as this is currently a Verizon exclusive, will the Unlocked models currently up for pre-order work on AT&T?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Third party verified "best" sensor ever on a smart phone, but we don't have reviews of real world usage yet. Yes, unlocked works on all major carriers.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you watch the introduction video from yesterday, at some point while discussing the camera he said that it actually takes a multitude (I forget how many) of individual images for each "photo" and then combines them in software to produce the final image.

If it works as described, I bet the results will be far better than your typical OIS. Also, be sure to watch the video stabilization example; now, that looks awesome!

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has there ever been an unlocked model of a phone released in the USA that hasn't worked on AT&T? Seems like a no-brainer at this point. AT&T/T-Mo's strength in network is phone compatibility due to being fully GSM. Sprint/VZW suffer somewhat due to their legacy CDMA networks still being active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig