i think redesign Pixel

mandeepchahal

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello From prospective, Pixel should be redesign because we can see a winder space upper and bottom on the front screen.
In this era, everyone wants only big screen not a solid surface winder upper and bottom of screen.
Pixel is best and great features cell phone expect front design.

What are you thinking about it ?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
the only change i think I'd make would me moving the bottom speaker to the front - but I'm not an engineer so I don't know why that'd be difficult to do.

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The huge bezels are definitely strange, and the one design element I really don't like. There is a lot of wasted space between the bezels and the dock/navigation button area on the bottom of the screen.

If you're going to make them that large, then put speakers or capacitive buttons on there. I'd even be happy if they stretched the screen a bit as long as they didn't go over 5.1~5.2".

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Everyone still seems to make big bezels. I think the technology is still figuring it out

Not really. Samsung, Moto, even LG have had medium to small bezels for a while. Let alone some of the smaller or less known companies. Everyone says the iPhone look is outdated and is happy for the supposed refresh next year. In my opinion what makes it look outdated are those giant bezels but at least there's a home button there. On these no home button, no front facing speakers, no good reason for bezels that large.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
For their first attempt, I'm ok with the look of the end result. I don't know how much control Google had with the design and since they were working with another company, I assume there had to be compromises. I doubt there is any wasted space on the inside. I think the fingerprint sensor would have looked nicer at the bottom, but since it also doubles as a swipe for notifications, maybe they felt it was ergonomically better on the back.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
For their first attempt, I'm ok with the look of the end result. I don't know how much control Google had with the design and since they were working with another company, I assume there had to be compromises. I doubt there is any wasted space on the inside. I think the fingerprint sensor would have looked nicer at the bottom, but since it also doubles as a swipe for notifications, maybe they felt it was ergonomically better on the back.

Supposedly it was completely designed by google and HTC only assembled it. But yeah we we will see what they do next year.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The bezel is not that big, I think people are just complaining for the sake of complaining. The phone is slightly shorter than the HTC M9 and is the same width (with the same size screen) so the bezel cant be that bad.

Granted I would have liked front facing speakers (I own a M9 for reference), but at the same time will reserve judgement until we have hands on reviews.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams