Why no 64 gb option?

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
What's everyone's idea of why Google didn't bring a 64 gb option to the pixels? Personally I'd like to have one because 32 gb is hardly enough but 128 gb is definitely way to much for me! Plus paying $50 more for the storage you need is better then paying an extra $50 for some you don't.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I would have liked a 64 and would have purchased it but it was not offered so I went 32..

I think 32 will be fine since Google is offering unlimited and free storage of all photos and video in original and high res format.. That's a killer feature right there if you ask me..

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Inventory management is my guess. With two screen sizes and two storage options you have four configurations to manage (how many will pre-order which size, how many to stock at each retail partner, etc). With two screen sizes and three storage options you have six which is obviously more difficult.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Rather than offering a 64GB option in addition to the current offerings, I'm almost surprised that 64GB hasn't replaced 32GB as the default low storage option as costs come down for components. That said, I bet the typical user who doesn't store music or videos on their phone doesn't use the 32GB provided and that those that do keep their entire library need more than 64GB.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Inventory management is my guess. With two screen sizes and two storage options you have four configurations to manage (how many will pre-order which size, how many to stock at each retail partner, etc). With two screen sizes and three storage options you have six which is obviously more difficult.

Actually, there are currently 12 configurations (2 screen sizes x 2 memory options x 3 colors). When the "limited time only" blue color goes away, there will still be 8 configurations.

But, I agree that 64GB would have been nice and would have been my choice. 32GB is not enough for me, but 128GB is way too much. Having said that, I ordered 128GB because, like I said, 32 would not be enough.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually, there are currently 12 configurations (2 screen sizes x 2 memory options x 3 colors). When the "limited time only" blue color goes away, there will still be 8 configurations.

But, I agree that 64GB would have been nice and would have been my choice. 32GB is not enough for me, but 128GB is way too much. Having said that, I ordered 128GB because, like I said, 32 would not be enough.
Ha good point, forgot about the colors.

Patrik Sodoma

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
My opinion-competition charge you even more than 50$ for 32 and 64 gigs so for me 50$ more for 100 gigs is advantage. And I think this is perfect combination because with new unlimited storage in google photos 32g version could be enough even for me and I consider myself as very heavy user. So, If you are super heavy user you shouldn't be dissapointed about 100gb more for 50$.. for me it's hell of a deal..

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I think it's 10, because the blue seems to have only been offered in 32GB. But, maybe it's now 20 (or 18, I don't recall seeing the blue on VZW) in the U.S. because of the "Verizon" versions.

Quinny898

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I think as they're trying to push for cloud services 32GB is a good "normal user" and 128GB is a good "power user", 64GB would be a middleground that they would probably lose money on so didn't go with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance